Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Probstein123 is a looking to hire a consignment associate for 2014...

Probstein123 is a looking to hire a consignment associate for 2014...
The primary responsibility will be to help handle the volume of existing clients and bring in new business....
Probstein123 is currently on pace to exceed more than 14 Million in sales in 2013-14 .
The new consignment hire will be required to
travel to shows nationwide and develop new consignment relationships...
Strong knowledge of both the sports card and autograph//memorabilia markets is a must....Candidates must have strong client relationship skills ...
Salary will be draw against commission...
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK FROM OUR NJ OFFICE ....
Likely salary with bonuses: low end 50K, high end $150K
Please send resumes to rickprobstein1@gmail.com or call 973 747 6304
All inquiries are confidential.
Rick Probstein
Ebay Store:
Probstein123
phone: 973 747 6304
email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!

Comments

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a dream job working within the industry, with great potential for earnings. Too bad I live on the West Coast. Good Luck.
    I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    Send in your resumes you young Mr. Mint's out there.

Best of luck Rick.
  • Options
    I thought Wes Spece took this position? Oh well, if my new store wasn't doing so well I would be interested.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    What's your new store selling?
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

<< <i>Likely salary with bonuses: low end 50K, high end $150K >>

Is this a fair salary?
  • Options
    TTT for people who were busy on Christmas day.
  • Options
    My new store is selling precious metals. I'm doing quite well, thanks for asking.
  • Options
    Is this a fair salary?
    ==> its a sales job, they can make more than 150K is they produce....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My new store is selling precious metals. I'm doing quite well, thanks for asking. >>

this made me laugh for several minutes. image

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Got to love the used cars salesperson approach regarding "producing".
  • Options
    Got to love the used cars salesperson approach regarding "producing".
    ==> this isn't social work or a teaching position....what terminology would u prefer ?
    ever see glengarry glen ross ? well, its less intense than that ....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    I think this is a great opportunity for someone looking to get into the business as a professional.
    Very cool that Rick is posting the opportunity on this forum.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    You are on pace for 14 million in sales on Ebay? Is this the only avenue of sales?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    In these tough times this sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck Rick!
  • Options
    I think we all would've appreciated a thread announcing that the Wes Spece era had come to a close. I think that's the least that could've been done after we invested so much time and energy. To not give us any closure is just wrong.
  • Options
    From May 26, 2013: "Probstein123 is currently on pace to exceed more than 10 Million in sales in 2013 ."

From December 25, 2013: "Probstein123 is currently on pace to exceed more than 14 Million in sales in 2013-14 ."

14 million for 2013 and 2014 combined?

Is the probstein empire declining?
  • Options
    It looks like they have done a little under 4 million in the last 90 days, so my guess would be he meant in the last 12 month period. Edit to add that PWCC has done 2.8 million in the same timeframe and the next closest seller in terms of volume that I have seen is 4 sharp corners who sold about 1 million dollars in the last 90 days between their 2 accounts.
    www.sportsnutcards.com
    Specializing in Certified Autograph Cards, Rookies, Rare Inserts and other quality modern cards! Over 8000 Cards in stock now! Come visit our physical store located at 1210 Main St. Belmar ,NJ
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    4SC sells an awful lot directly through their website, so the volume number there is not very meaningful - if it dropped by 50%, they might be very happy.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Wonder what percentage PWCC nets off the consignments he takes in?
  • Options
    It looks like they have done a little under 4 million in the last 90 days, so my guess would be he meant in the last 12 month period
    ==> yes , this is correct....we only sell on ebay and we did around 3.8 million in the last 90 days....around 58,000 auctions , average sale is around $65 per auction ....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    Probstein, has this been filled at this point?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calling Wes Spence!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I'm still looking....would love to add somebody to the team....also, we are about to move into a larger office....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    Probstein, as stated it says you will have to work out of the office in NJ, what part of NJ is this office going to be located in? Are you looking into the possibility of a store front location or are you going to be web only? What would be the main duties while in the office?
  • Options
    The reason I am asking about location is if its in Newark, anywhere NY the cost of living would eat up that $150,000 if I were to make that level.
  • Options

<< <i>The reason I am asking about location is if its in Newark, anywhere NY the cost of living would eat up that $150,000 if I were to make that level. >>

His e-mail and phone number are listed in his signature. It might be a smart idea to call him instead of post these questions publicly...
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The reason I am asking about location is if its in Newark, anywhere NY the cost of living would eat up that $150,000 if I were to make that level. >>

150k not enough to sell baseball cards in jersey?

Am I missing something here? lol
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

150k not enough to sell baseball cards in jersey?

Am I missing something here? lol >>

No he's right, I made $150k selling Bubble Gum Cards there before and ended up on the street begging for change by the end of the year.image
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

<< <i>From May 26, 2013: "Probstein123 is currently on pace to exceed more than 10 Million in sales in 2013 ."

From December 25, 2013: "Probstein123 is currently on pace to exceed more than 14 Million in sales in 2013-14 ."

Is the probstein empire declining? >>

curious if these figures include the cards that are listed multiple times and ironically never paid for? ie. 1977 Eckersley psa 10. think it was listed and/or auctioned off 3 to 4 times before it was finally listed as a realistic buy it now. understand the "volume" aspect and that some times people flake on paying, but is 4 times a coincidence?
  • Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>From May 26, 2013: "Probstein123 is currently on pace to exceed more than 10 Million in sales in 2013 ."

curious if these figures include the cards that are listed multiple times and ironically never paid for? ie. 1977 Eckersley psa 10. think it was listed and/or auctioned off 3 to 4 times before it was finally listed as a realistic buy it now. understand the "volume" aspect and that some times people flake on paying, but is 4 times a coincidence? >>

No horse in this race, but I'm pretty confident that Rick knows how to capture and recognize top line sales. He doesn't get paid unless he gets paid.
  • Options

<< <i>

curious if these figures include the cards that are listed multiple times and ironically never paid for? ie. 1977 Eckersley psa 10. think it was listed and/or auctioned off 3 to 4 times before it was finally listed as a realistic buy it now. understand the "volume" aspect and that some times people flake on paying, but is 4 times a coincidence? >>

I have purchased cards off Rick and had him re-list in the store before. Multiple occasions. I think it looks weird, but nothing shady going on. Cannot attest to the multiple auctions.
  • Options
    not implying anything shady by rick himself and I guess I am talking auctions...theres a 73 ryan opc 8 that is on the block now that has been auctioned now 3 times...I understand that he doesn't get paid unless it gets paid for but I would say it's the exact opposite of normal for the same card to be auctioned 3 or 4 times without getting paid for.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

No horse in this race, but I'm pretty confident that Rick knows how to capture and recognize top line sales. He doesn't get paid unless he gets paid. >>

If he was committed to gaining top line sales for hockey cards he would ship to Canada.
  • Options
    If he doesn't currently ship to Canada that can always change in the future!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Too bad I'm married and have kids!! My dream job!!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm still looking....would love to add somebody to the team....also, we are about to move into a larger office.... >>

Move to Michigan!! image
  • Options
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    A great opportunity for someone here who may live in the area. I think it is pretty cool the offer is extended to our great CU community.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets