Home Sports Talk
Options

First NFL Coach to Get Axed?

With Houston's Kubiak already rightfully fired, who else is going to be searching for a new job after next week? I think Detroit's Schwarz has to be very high on that list. I think Coughlin in NY will not be the first one gone, but with such a disaster this year I think he might be gone. Schiano will be out in Tampa. Philbin in Miami is a candidate too, with all the personnel issues and bullying that went unchecked.

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Schwartz will be first to go. I think Coughlin is safe for another year, if he wants to come back.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have said Philbin too about 2 months ago but the way he has held that team together with all the controversy surrounding it has changed my mind, and they are 6 seed right now. Even if they don't get in, I think he is safe. If Coughlin goes, it will be by his own accord. Despite the lost season, they have gone 6-3 last 9 games, and haven't quit. If Dallas loses next week, I wouldn't be surprised to see Garrett get the axe. Shanahan is gone, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Leslie Frazier will probaby be gone as will Schiano. It's pretty obvious Shanahan is out. Coughlin will stay for now but if the Giants play next season like they did this season he'll be gone then.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>With Houston's Kubiak already rightfully fired, who else is going to be searching for a new job after next week? I think Detroit's Schwarz has to be very high on that list. I think Coughlin in NY will not be the first one gone, but with such a disaster this year I think he might be gone. Schiano will be out in Tampa. Philbin in Miami is a candidate too, with all the personnel issues and bullying that went unchecked. >>

Schwartz is gone. Leslie Frazier already has his bags packed and probably the first one fired next Monday. Garrett survives again if the Cowboys win Sunday. Shanahan should be done. Tomlin is safe since he brought his team back to the edge of the playoffs and at the moment, still has a chance to play in 2 weeks.

You are wrong about Coughlin, Schiano and Philbin. Philbin and Schiano have both been praised for the last month for keeping their teams afloat.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Minnesota already announced they will be making a coaching change. So, there's your answer- at least a confirmed. For those that we don't know yet, I vote on Schiano in Tampa. After that it will be Shanahan, who will be announced in Houston a week after the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    I hope Snyder does to that weasel Shanahan what Al Davis did and stiff him to his final year money. Shanahan in Houston is going to happen and the team will continue its path to irrelevance.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Should be Tomlin if the Rooneys had a pair...

Shanahan and Schwartz are easy ones...

Garrett (after they lose next weekend) and Ryan should be gone also...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Lets not leave Allen out,we never give a coach 3 yrs.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>With Houston's Kubiak already rightfully fired, who else is going to be searching for a new job after next week? I think Detroit's Schwarz has to be very high on that list. I think Coughlin in NY will not be the first one gone, but with such a disaster this year I think he might be gone. Schiano will be out in Tampa. Philbin in Miami is a candidate too, with all the personnel issues and bullying that went unchecked. >>

Schwartz is gone. Leslie Frazier already has his bags packed and probably the first one fired next Monday. Garrett survives again if the Cowboys win Sunday. Shanahan should be done. Tomlin is safe since he brought his team back to the edge of the playoffs and at the moment, still has a chance to play in 2 weeks.

You are wrong about Coughlin, Schiano and Philbin. Philbin and Schiano have both been praised for the last month for keeping their teams afloat. >>

Quoting myself. I was right on all but Schiano so far.
  • Options
    Ryan is safe in NY too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Ryan is safe in NY too. >>

As he should be. Jets were in rebuilding mode before season ended last year and Ryan still almost made the playoffs. Players love him and play hard for him. The Jets should be tough next year thanks to lots of draft picks and lots of salary cap room especially after they cut Sanchise.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ryan is safe in NY too. >>

As he should be. Jets were in rebuilding mode before season ended last year and Ryan still almost made the playoffs. Players love him and play hard for him. The Jets should be tough next year thanks to lots of draft picks and lots of salary cap room especially after they cut Sanchise. >>

Agreed on all fronts. They need a bonafide wideout to complement Kerley. Holmes is a waste of space and is likely gone.