Home Sports Talk
Options

ROMO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy does it all the time.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put that one on Garrett--why in the world is he passing in that situation when you are trying to run out the clock? And the D of course cannot stop anyone and makes Flynn look like Rodgers and Eddie Lacy like Adrain Peterson.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This week might be the best this forum has ever seen.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He blew this one twice......a record even for him!!!

What a SUCK-WAD!!!!
  • Options
    One thing I think we can all agree on--Dallas blows!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you spell choke?? Dallas
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    put that one on Garrett--why in the world is he passing in that situation when you are trying to run out the clock? And the D of course cannot stop anyone and makes Flynn look like Rodgers and Eddie Lacy like Adrain Peterson

Couldn't have said it any better. Romo did screw up big time. But, he shouldnt have been throwing the ball, period. I get tired of Jerry jones saying that Garrett's job is so secure. Murray was averaging 7 yards a carry!!! Lets's we have a huge lead, the Packers cant stop the run, and the clock is their enemy. Why not throw the ball to give them a chance.?
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not watch pro football this weekend.

However, I assume that, after reading the first few replies to this thread, Romo made a mistake in clutch time again.

This thread should be lively.

Discuss away.
  • Options
    Romo threw two picks in the last couple of minutes. Three picks actually, but one got overturned.

Forget everyone who is trying to tell you that it's the coaches fault.

It's the job of the players to execute the calls the coaches send in from the sidelines.

Tony once again shows why he has more chokes than all the 1940 auto makers combined.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Let's just say there's plenty of blame to go around, whether it be Romo's interceptions, bad play calling or the horrible defense.

It was as if everything you pictured in the back of your mind watching this game happened exactly on cue.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I put that one on Garrett--why in the world is he passing in that situation when you are trying to run out the clock? And the D of course cannot stop anyone and makes Flynn look like Rodgers and Eddie Lacy like Adrain Peterson. >>

Garrett claims he called a run and that Romo changed the play.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I put that one on Garrett--why in the world is he passing in that situation when you are trying to run out the clock? And the D of course cannot stop anyone and makes Flynn look like Rodgers and Eddie Lacy like Adrain Peterson. >>

Garrett claims he called a run and that Romo changed the play. >>

Is that correct? If that is the case, then yes, I blame Romo, even though the D was god-awful, too, giving up 34 pts in the 2nd half, but I can't imagine that Romo would chnaghe the play called in that situatuion, either.

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Blame the coach all you want, Romo threw the ball to the wrong team. Ball game.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Somewhere Roger Staubach is shaking his head.
  • Options
    I'm surprised Tony's biggest fan 1985fan hasn't been here to somehow take the blame off Romo!image

It was probably the balls' fault for going to the wrong person!

What a loser!
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    It will be fun to see how this plays out.

NBC Report
  • Options

<< <i>I'm surprised Tony's biggest fan 1985fan hasn't been here to somehow take the blame off Romo!image

What a loser! >>

He is probably at Chuck E Cheeze, watching the post game. I am sure that he will chime in soon.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    This is on garret plain and simple. And the defense making Flynn look like an pro qb.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm surprised Tony's biggest fan 1985fan hasn't been here to somehow take the blame off Romo!image

What a loser! >>

He is probably at Chuck E Cheeze, watching the post game. I am sure that he will chime in soon. >>

Sorry I wasnt here to show you dopes up sooner. The basement needed cleaning.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What a loser! >>

He is probably at Chuck E Cheeze, watching the post game. I am sure that he will chime in soon. >>

Sorry I wasnt here to show you dopes up sooner. The basement needed cleaning. >>

• Options

To 1985fans' reply

yada yada yada yada yada...........................................................................................................

I'm glad Garrett outed Romo....hope it causes so much trouble that Jerry cans them both. OH would that be great.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
  • Options
    I hope Romo gets cut too so he can go to a real team and so fake Dallas fans can get stuck with a losing qb and go winless. How sweet that would be!
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry I wasnt here to show you dopes up sooner. The basement needed cleaning. >>

See, this is why I want you to stick around. That literally made me laugh out loud. I knew there was some human underneath the layers.

On a serious note, let's face it, the entire DC organization is a complete joke. The dysfunction is like a mutating virus. If that report is indeed factual, sh*t is going to hit the fan this week.
  • Options
    Remember when Jim Harbaugh changed the play at the line of scrimmage and threw a pick vs Minn about 20 years back? Ditka's reaction was classic, LOL!

• Options
    How anyone can still defend this joke of a QB is laughable.
  • Options

<< <i>How anyone can still defend this joke of a QB is laughable. >>

Why are so obsessed with Romo? Why not talk about the horrific defense that have up 400 yds passing to a journeyman QB and 34 points in one half of football. If I didn't knowe better, I'd say you have a fascination with Romo. Hatred is the closest emotion to love, you know, LOL..

• Options
    What's saddest about this is folks like dimeman would much rather Romo throw an INT late and the team lose then Romo playing well and winning. How do we know? Look how active dimeman is here when the former happens, as opposed to the latter. When the Cowboys beat the Giants, where was dimeman? Where was his posts celebrating the win over a rival who's had his team's number for a while? He was a ghost.

But a late INT and here he is, right on schedule. Yet further proof that this clown is no Cowboys fan, he's simply a Romo hater. This same 'fan' doesn't know the facts around his team's history, despite his constant and vocal protests to the contrary.

Dimeman, you're a clown. You are no real fan of the team, you're only a fan of the super bowls they've won. I, too, hope Romo gets traded so your beloved Cowboys can go 0-16 and you can again root for a team without any hope whatsoever. Your complete inability to recognize the team's only hope is Romo is proof positive you don't know anything about football. The INTs late were killers, but you know what else is a killer? A defense that is dead last and allows 20 fourth quarter points.
  • Options
    >>> Where was his posts celebrating the win over a rival who's had his team's number for a while? He was a ghost. <<<

You had better go back a reread the threads. I have given him credit on the good games.....they just aren't as often as the bad ones!

And you really need to get off this broken record of me not being a REAL Cowboy fan! If I wasn't a REAL fan I wouldn't care when he chokes and cost us a game.

A lot of people understand this....BUT...I guess you never will!!!image
  • Options
    No, sir, you aren't a fan of the team. You're a fan of the super bowl wins. BIG difference. Even with that, you can't get player names and dates from those super bowl winning teams right. So, no, sir, you are no real fan.

But most telling? You don't even deny being more excited about posting about Romo being intercepted late than in a key win over a division rival. Pathetic. PATHETIC.
  • Options
    "The Packers were down 26-3 at halftime. They won the game 37-36. It is all Tony Romo's fault, apparently.

Yes, Romo can justifiably catch heat for his two picks, but they were both on outstanding feats of athleticism by Green Bay's defenders. Miles Austin had Sam Shields beat when Romo threw a pass just a little too tight, and Shields picked him off. Tramon Williams's game-ending interception had to be reviewed, and man, did Williams give his best effort to make sure that ball didn't move as he fell to the ground. Romo's mistakes were crucial, but the defense deserves credit for excellent plays, too.

Anyway, Tony Romo failed at stopping three 80-yard drives by Green Bay in the second half. That was definitely his fault. Tony Romo was the one who has allowed the most passing yards and fourth-most rushing yards in the league. Tony Romo let Matt Flynn march all over him. You're the worst defense, Tony Romo.

On the other side, the Cowboys' defense had plenty of chances to stop the Packers' offense, and they didn't. After halftime, all of Green Bay's drives—except for the kneeldown to end the game—concluded with a touchdown. The Cowboys couldn't hold the Packers to a punt, or even a field goal. But yeah, it was all Tony Romo's fault."

Text
  • Options
    1985fan - You are the biggest IDIOT I have EVER seen. Dallas had the game won.....period...until Tony threw the INT!!!!!

All the other crap doesn't matter.......they had the game to win and Tony blew it!!!
  • Options
    All you need to know why Dallas lost?

Three 80-yard drives by Green Bay in the second half.

THAT'S why Dallas lost. Period. It's undeniable. If they even stop ONCE the late game INT doesn't matter. Dallas defense just let MATT FLYNN throw for over 400 yards. MATT FLYNN.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Is that correct? If that is the case, then yes, I blame Romo, even though the D was god-awful, too, giving up 34 pts in the 2nd half, but I can't imagine that Romo would chnaghe the play called in that situatuion, either. >>

In the replay of the first pick, you can see the entire line run blocking.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is that correct? If that is the case, then yes, I blame Romo, even though the D was god-awful, too, giving up 34 pts in the 2nd half, but I can't imagine that Romo would chnaghe the play called in that situatuion, either. >>

In the replay of the first pick, you can see the entire line run blocking. >>

Let's check the film:

Yep.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Haha! Wow! Well done Tony!!!

If Romo murdered someone today, 1985fan would be here talking about how the Cowboys Defense should have been there to prevent it from happening.
  • Options
    Im not sure which team is worse? The crackboys or the Clowns.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One game lost, maybe two games lost, it's difficult to pinpoint who is to blame.

BUT.....there is a definite track record established over the years with Romo at the helm of the Dallas team.

If I was a Dallas fan, I'd have no doubt that Romo has got to go.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    >>>If I was a Dallas fan, I'd have no doubt that Romo has got to go.<<<

Well said and thank you very much DE59!

And 1985fan...try to find anywhere where I am happy with Romo losing a game. Where do you get this crap!! You are such an IDIOT!!!!

And I didn't even start this thread! The WHOLE sports world see's what a loser Romo is but you! ARE YOU SLEEPING WITH HIM?????
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    If Romo murdered someone today, 1985fan would be here talking about how the Cowboys Defense should have been there to prevent it from happening

Idiots like you and DIMEMAN spit out the same garbage in reverse.

It is true that all football games are won or lost by teams, not players. Some plays may be more crucial, but that is only because other plays earlier in the game were not executed correctly.

You cannot point to statistics for the whole truth of how good or bad a player or players are, all the time. But, when you have losses like the Cowboys do and you have a QB that consistently performs with top 7 QB numbers and a defense that consistently plays with top 32 numbers, you have to be intelligent enough to realize that on the whole, this team underachieves because of their defense. The defense could have made one stop in the 2nd half to simply not let Tony have a chance to make a critical mistake. But they couldn't. He threw a touchdown in the 2nd half and led them for a field goal. The defense did not do a single thing at all but give Mike MacCarthy reason to not rush back Aaron Rodgers. It is unfair to isolate the couple of terrible plays by Romo and choose to forget all the terrible plays by the defense.
  • Options
    The Dallas defense is absolutely horrible and allowed Green Bay to come back and put itself in a positionto win the game.

Romo again made mistakes at the end of the game that sealed the loss and the Green Bayh win.

At least the DC Cheerlleder squad is on tp of their game.image
  • Options
    I'll say it again for those in the cheap seats:

Romo wasn't playing defense that allowed three 80 yard TD drives or let Flynn throw for 400 yards. That's all on defense.
  • Options
    1985fan

What you say is true.

Also true is that the Dallas defense did no throwing two late game interceptions.

I expect some tension will be present at the Cowboy's next practice.

• Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of putting too much blame/credit on the QB in football...but if Romo passed that ball when there was a running play, then it is his fault.

Even if it was to be a pass, when the play broke down, at the point he started to scramble, he should known the situation and kept it and ran with it(even for no gain), instead of forcing the pass in that situation.

The other blame goes to the Dallas coach. There is no way they should have had that pass/run ratio with the lead they had. They gave that game away. Yeah, the defense blows...and that is even more reason to control the clock in the situation they were in.
  • Options
    I would offer Romo and a bunch of money to the Bears for McGowen...

BUT the would laugh in my face.

What we should have done at the end of the game yesterday with 2 min. left and the lead IS bring in the backup (who outplayed Romo last week) and let him finish....since Romo sure is NO closer!!!!

What a piece of CRAP he is!
  • Options
    Who's McGowen?

• Options
    You know good and well WHO.

So I guess I misspelled his name........JUST SHOOT ME!

What is it with some of you out here and the "SPELLING THING"!!!!!!

Get a life!!!!! Did I spell that right???!!!
  • Options
    McGowen has played very well, but he's no Drew Breeze.
  • Options
    Given all of the discussion on the Sports Forum this year about the Dallas Cowboys and its starting QB, the title to this thread:

"ROMO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

says it all (good, bad or indifferent) about the current status of the 2013 version of "America's Team".

I did not watch football yesterday and thus did not know the scores of any games. When I took a peek at the Sports Forum yesterday afternoon and saw this thread and its headline towards the top of page 1 I just shook my head, laughed and said to myself "what now?".

I have not been a fan of the Cowboys over the past 4+ decades, but I actually feel sorry for Dallas fans having to deal with the dysfunctional franchise that has fielded the 2013 team. The defense is just abysmal, its owner is meddlesom and warranted or not its QB is getting dumped on again.
  • Options

<< <i>McGowen has played very well, but he's no Drew Breeze. >>

Now that's funny right there.

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not a fan of putting too much blame/credit on the QB in football...but if Romo passed that ball when there was a running play, then it is his fault. >>

During the post-game news conference, Romo said he audibled a pass instead of the designed run.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts