Home Metal Detecting
Options

Snow

rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, with the fourteen inches of snow we received last night, I would say that any MD'ing is over for the season here.... Cheers, RickO

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    We didn't get 14 inches here, but it was still a good chunk of snow. How was your detecting year RickO?
  • Options
    My detecting year was pretty slow. Last year, my former company asked me to come out of retirement and help a division in Illinois...a three month project turned into nine months.... so, being a cache hunter, I did not have time for research... did a bit of searching at some previous sites without any results (results being a cache discovery).... maybe next year. Being pulled out of retirement showed me clearly how much I enjoy retirement...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine was over the week before that. this last storm killed it altogether. till next season on md'ing
  • Options
    Another five inches on top of the fourteen inches...yep, buried in snow, no MD'ing..... unless I can persuade an owner of an old colonial home to let me MD their cellar... hmmmmmm Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck with that one rick. image
  • Options
    Right Johnny..... and if they say OK... they hover over your shoulder the whole time..... even when I tell them I will show/give them everything...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    We've been thawing out, temps hitting into the 50s today and forecast for 60s over the weekend. I may be getting my detector back out again image
  • Options
    Supposed to hit 50 here on Sunday...but 18 inches on the ground will not be conducive to MD'ing....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    It's around 40 right now, snow still there. But even if the snow melts, the frozen ground is still there.
  • Options
    It is 53 here right now....and snow melting at a rapid pace.... but will take a while for 18 inches to disappear...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    63 degrees here right now, and almost all the eighteen inches of snow has melted....amazingly fast.... Cheers, RickO