Home Precious Metals

A study finds that the average American inheritance is ranked third worldwide

JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
Average-American-inheritance

I would wager that PM stackers plan to leave, on average, a greater amount of $$$ (cash or items of value) as inheritance to their children than non-stackers.
THE KEY WORD HERE IS PLAN

I'm not inferring that PM's have, or will, perform any better than other assets, nothing like that, what I'm suggesting is that the Planning aspect arises primarily due to the mindset of those who stack.
Stackers tend to be more concerned about the future. I think they, for the most part, keep up to date and reasonably well read on current events and future trends.
As such, particularly given the way things are trending, they are naturally concerned for their children's future. I think (my conjecture) that stackers start preparing/thinking about their children's inheritance and their future financial safety earlier than those who do not stack.

I have always said that I don't ever plan on selling any of my PM's. That I have them for insurance/black swan, and that I will die and leave them to the kids.
Some here go beyond that and actually start separate stacks, albeit at a slower pace perhaps than their own stack, for their children.

Stackers seem to plan more for the future unknown than those that just have regular withdrawals going into a 401k.
It reminds me of those commercials were typically a couple is shown in the midst of some disaster after their 401k comes crashing through their roof and the investigator asks what happened and the couple replies we don't know, we just kept throwing money at it.

What do you guys thinks....?

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Americans are basically leaving a paid off house as inheritance.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be dragging the average $$$ lower. I'm gettin' nuttin'.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will be dragging the average $$$ lower. I'm gettin' nuttin'. >>

I'll beat that, I might be getting some debt.......
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not even think about it, either way - what I may get or what I may leave..... just not important to me. Cheers, RickO