Home Precious Metals

I may go dig up one of my buried tests

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Its been well over six months. Didn't expect the snow cover just yet, but after it clears I'll go check on something.
I guess what I'm looking for is dry inside, and spots on the metal. Now, where the heck did I put it....
COA

Comments

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭
    I'll help you come look for it...... image
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    How many digs do you have? What kind of container?
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
    I'd be curious what u used too. Not a bad way to hide ur items. I know if I had just gold, I'd toss it in a container of bean soup or something of the like and freeze it. Shouldn't cause any issues to the gold and who steals frozen soup when they'll be carrying out the tv?
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd be curious what u used too. Not a bad way to hide ur items. I know if I had just gold, I'd toss it in a container of bean soup or something of the like and freeze it. Shouldn't cause any issues to the gold and who steals frozen soup when they'll be carrying out the tv? >>

A hungry thief?
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Here's the way to do it:

LINK
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    More like a single layer pipe filled with Urine containers full of coins. Just below grd level.
    COA

<< <i>More like a single layer pipe filled with Urine containers full of coins. Just below grd level. >>

OUCH, a metal detectors dream image
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard you want to bury it 1+ foot down, and toss a crumpled can / can slaw / rusty nails in the dirt directly above the container.

That was a detectorist would "See" the can, and not the package untill completly removing the trash.

Not fool proof, but a help I'm sure

It's all about what the people want...

Yup, a few pull tabs and some burned tinfoil as if it's an old camp fire site will do good to keep a metal detectorist away.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Its been well over six months. Didn't expect the snow cover just yet, but after it clears I'll go check on something.
    I guess what I'm looking for is dry inside, and spots on the metal. Now, where the heck did I put it.... >>

Reminds me of an old childrens book called the Great Brain. In one of his schemes he took $5 silver dollars and buried them in his yard, he then sold digging chances for like 10 cents a pop. Needless to say at the end he quadrupled his money but his Mom was pissed that her back yard got dug up.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Needless to say at the end he quadrupled his money but his Mom was pissed that her back yard got dug up. >>

Thats not a bad Idea and I need my back yard rototilled image

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you leave a map and instructions just in case you meet a sudden death?? Cheers, RickO
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you leave a map and instructions just in case you meet a sudden death?? Cheers, RickO >>

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson