Home Precious Metals

Cool new look (and security feature) for the 2014 Silver Maple Leaf

I feel this will help avoiding milk spots too.

At THIS LINK you can see a close up of the security feature and the radial lines.

imageimage
imageimage
The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments

• DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Very cool.
    Becky
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    won't work

they can copy the coins with hologram effects, they can copy this with ease.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the little lines, one more step ahead of the counterfeiters. Not crazy about the portrait of the Queen

Someday, soon enough that we'll still be here on the PM forum, the visage will be of Charles.
    We might even get to see William. But I do not expect to live to see maples with King George on them.

Full name: George Alexander Louis. aka His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge.

Bookies had George as the top pick should the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have a son.

the name George has a long royal history, with six previous reigning Georges. It is also Prince Charles’ middle name, and the Sovereign name of Queen Elizabeth’s father, George VI. Alexander is likely a nod to William’s grandmother the Queen, whose middle name is Alexandra. And Louis is Prince William’s middle name, as well as the name of his great uncle on his father’s side.

Meaning “A tiller of the soil, a farmer,” George is far from the top 10 favorites among BabyCenter moms – it was recently ranked #127 on the annual list of the most popular boys’ names. We’ll have to wait and see if it enjoys a surge in popularity in the months and years ahead

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    very cool. loud message by RCM. "We care about this issue".

security features will drive the next wave of innovation.

Loves me some shiny!
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That mark is already on the 2013 Gold Maple Leaf. At least on the 1 oz coins image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Won't stop the milk spots, so I still won't be buying any CMLs.
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.... not sure how secure it will be - the counterfeit people are very skilled.... Cheers, RickO
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Won't stop the milk spots, so I still won't be buying any CMLs. >>

That's one of the anti-counterfeiting features. If you don't see milk spots, it isn't real.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Won't stop the milk spots, so I still won't be buying any CMLs. >>

That's one of the anti-counterfeiting features. If you don't see milk spots, it isn't real. >>

I agree

here is a start

they just need to make the lines go under the maple leaf
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Did anyone ordered this? How do they look on hand?
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009