Home Precious Metals

Made the rounds today

Went to 5 locals and even a pawn store and NOTHING, and I mean nothing worth laying any $ on the counter for out there.

This is what I came up with today:
Plenty of $25 .999 silver available for generic bars
$27 for AU Peace Dollars
$29 for AU Morgans
$24.50 for VG-XF Dollars (mostly Peace of course)
$15.75 x face for 90%

All I did today was burn gasoline, I'm not paying those prices. Everyone still thinks Silver Spot is $22 LOL if they even did have anything they were willing to sell. There was no volume deals to even be considered.

Anyone else have any better luck trying to find silver on the dip?
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    APMEX has ninety percent for less AND free shipping today if you are really hankering for some image
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provident has 1 oz silver rounds for .59 over spot and free shipping (if you buy another round from their "free shipping" page.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>APMEX has ninety percent for less AND free shipping today if you are really hankering for some image >>

Provident has $.59 above spot rounds and bars available until midnight with free s&h if you buy one item from a selected group. I don't bother with B&M stores any more. In most cases they can't compete with the "big boys."
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
    I like buying off the ebay and put a BUNCH of bids out for some 1964 and before mint/proof sets. I was blown out of the water!! Most were selling for around $20 for a proof set and sometimes over $40 for mint sets. Not including shipping. Crazy I tell ya
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>APMEX has ninety percent for less AND free shipping today if you are really hankering for some image >>

Plus they're tossing in a free APMEX flash drive on orders over $500! But ASE are $5.50 over spot!
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    I was at a BM last week. Saw some ASE's sitting on the bottom shelf. I asked the lady what they are going for "these days" and she said, well, I am into those a lot, if you come back next week, I might have some I can let you buy. In my entire life, I was never told I could not buy something in a store that was right in front of me. She didn't even give me a price.....I have not gone back yet. I did buy some other items not silver related.

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Provident has $.59 above spot rounds and bars available until midnight with free s&h if you buy one item from a selected group. I don't bother with B&M stores any more. In most cases they can't compete with the "big boys." >>

Yup. You can buy from the same places that they do.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    APMEX has ninety percent for less AND free shipping today if you are really hankering for some

thanks for the heads up, but I'm not going to buy a $1k face (which is the minimum to get the better pricing) bag of 90% in a declining market and have to wait probably at least a week to have it in hand. A guy could get slaughtered taking that chance. 90% is only to be dealt with face to face at that moment unless you're just cost averaging down from when Spot was >$30, whcih alot of folks are.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like buying off the ebay and put a BUNCH of bids out for some 1964 and before mint/proof sets. I was blown out of the water!! Most were selling for around $20 for a proof set and sometimes over $40 for mint sets. Not including shipping. Crazy I tell ya >>

Ya gots to pay extra for the *shiny* silver, and for the 50+ years old history. Plus each set also has bonus pennies and nickels, and usually collectible envelopes and other packaging like COAs. And then there's "handling" image If you want "just silver", you buy ugly silver in bulk.

Ooops, almost forgot the most important part, the Profits! Everyone who buys and sells and otherwise handles precious metals wants to get some Profit out of it, and someone else obviously must pay the Profit to them.
    (in other words, no one does this for free or at a loss, at least not intentionally, do they?)

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry