Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why secure plus?

Comments

• Options
    PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭
    PCGS forms aren't the easiest thing to fill in for new subscribers, that could always be a possibility.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not?? Owner may have thought it a good investment for an old coin.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is it worth without the graffiti if one could fix it?
  • Options
    Alltheabove76Alltheabove76 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why not?? Owner may have thought it a good investment for an old coin.... Cheers, RickO >>

I am certain that that coin is worth the same in a regular PCGS holder as it is in a Secure Plus..
  • Options

<< <i>What is it worth without the graffiti if one could fix it? >>

Probably $1500 without the graffiti. But it reminds of the saying "If your mother had wheels, she would be a car!"

With the graffiti...I think $500-$600

The seller obviously was a newbie and didnt know what they were doing. Here is another listing of theirs with a $100 coin in a Secure holder.
    Linkzizzle
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With your four or eight "free" submissions you can select secure plus as an option - no extra fee. If you submit 7 coins for which it makes sense and 1 for which it doesn't, it could happen quite easily.
  • Options

<< <i>With your four or eight "free" submissions you can select secure plus as an option - no extra fee. If you submit 7 coins for which it makes sense and 1 for which it doesn't, it could happen quite easily. >>

I was not aware of that! I wish I had of been. I recently sent in my four freebies for the year and paid for a couple of trueviews that would have been free if I had done Secure. image
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The seller obviously was a newbie and didnt know what they were doing. Here is another listing of theirs with a $100 coin in a Secure holder.
    Linkzizzle >>

The seller calls it a "one cents" coin and they recommend that buyers "Don't be sorry if you to late"

from the above, I feel it's safe to say that they probably chose secure plus purposely thinking that it does indeed make the coins that are housed in them more valuable. Just a guess image

Erik
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A secure plus believer?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>With your four or eight "free" submissions you can select secure plus as an option - no extra fee. If you submit 7 coins for which it makes sense and 1 for which it doesn't, it could happen quite easily. >>

I was not aware of that! I wish I had of been. I recently sent in my four freebies for the year and paid for a couple of trueviews that would have been free if I had done Secure. image >>

SP photos are often lesser quality than TV

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file