Home Precious Metals
Options

Happy Thanksgiving Thankful Thread

My hope is that everyone here has something to be grateful/thankful for. Briefly name something you are thankful for.

I am thankful to be employed and have a loving family to come home to, and to HAVE a home to come home to. Not very original, I know, but it is at the top of my list.
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    As I have gotten older (early 60's) I am grateful for many things and try to remind myself not to take life for granted. To name a few things are my good health, my inner happiness, my family and friends, living to see retirement and enjoying not having to go to work everyday, my possessions that I had acquired, and living in the greatest country at probably close to the greatest time in history.
  • Options
    To all, I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy, Happy, Happy

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Thanksgiving to all.... great to be retired and secure..... and still shooting...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Well.. I'm Thankful for all the years I've had, the years that have gone by and know that many others in this world have suffered and continue to suffer. I feel blessed and many look at my situation raising my son severely autistic as one of those whom have suffered. To me each day here on earth with him is a blessing I'm most gratetful for. Happy Thanksgiving Friends! image
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Happy Thanksgiving fellas! image
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Posted this earlier on the Facebook:

What Thanksgiving means to me.

Regardless of why most holidays were started, I have come to an understanding with each and celebrate them as my own. To many, Thanksgiving is a celebration of the year’s harvest and as such, a time to reflect on what we are thankful for in our lives. I have adopted this routine as my own and in doing so; I will take this time to reflect on what I am thankful for in my life.

I am thankful for my wife; the love and support she has given me over these past 20 years has been the glue that has kept me together. Without her, I probably would not be here today. She has given me hope and the energy to live life, to endure suffering, to reach many goals and to become someone that I want to be. Forever will I thank her, with each passing day, more than the last for the support and guidance that she has given to me.

I am thankful for my daughter; I could not be more proud of who she has become. From her commitment to her studies, to following in my footsteps with the passion of drawing she has been a blessing. Her independence has allowed me to pursue my career and now allow her Mom to pursue hers. From her frugalness, to her lack of “needing” all the newest gadgets, to her tender heart when she takes care of her Mom and her passion for animals… I truly am thankful for everything that she is as she is perfect in my eyes.

I am thankful that my two sisters (Caryl and Stephanie) are doing well in each of their lives. Both strong willed and productive I am proud of who they have become and how they tend to their lives. I am thankful that I need not worry about them other than missing them dearly as they are off running their lives.

I am thankful for my parents (Chris and Ken) for their guidance, the suffering that they have endured for their children, their work ethics that were passed down and their continued support with my family and our path in life.

I am thankful for my friends; though the list is short, the few friends that I do have, I hold close to my heart and will pretty much do anything for. Friends are what bridge the gap between family and society and allow us a break from the stressed that we live through daily.

Although this list could go on, I want to close with I am thankful for the technology that allows me to stay close with my family and friends. I urge you all to figure out what you are thankful for and reach out and let them know. Life is short and someday it will be too late to say what you want to say. To my family and friends, I love you all. Thank you for being in my life and helping my family and I be happy.

To add to that...

I am thankful for the support I have received from many friends here on PCGS over the past 12 years or so thought many deployments and into retirement. image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Just have so much to be thankful for it would be impossible to list. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Take care. jws
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy Thanksgiving to all! I have a lot to be thankful for, but probably most thankful that gold will trade below $1000 in the next year, and silver <$15.

Baley, bro, you need a bigger appetite. But that does look yummy. And I guess one needs to spare some room for pumpkin pie. >>

Lots to be thankful for. The second picture was after finishing 4ths. Not pictured: rolls and butter, 2 kinds of bourbon, and 3 kinds of pie

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Every year I'm thankful for being able to say this againimage

Just got back from my sisters house~Family is what I'm thankful for, the LOVE of family.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Today I am thankful for my Italian friends here in the US, which are basically part of my family in America.
    We had a nice and warm afternoon celebrating a holiday which was given to us by this great Country where we live (which we can't thank enough for the hospitality and for the opportunity given to us and our American-born children).
    This year we decided to go with a full Thanksgiving menu...it came out pretty good!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Thankful to God for everything he has blessed me and my family with and for the friendships and kinships i formed in this forum and for the freedom we enjoy each and everyday we wake up in this country.Happy Thanksgiving to each and everyone and to all your families! imageimageimageimageimage
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Thanksgiving prayer is that I be worthy of the things I am thankful for.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the whining and complaining, I know that I'm blessed beyond what I deserve. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.