Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My first EBAY ??,problem.Paging Maurice..

Heres the deal,I sell card,was over $250 so I get the sig.confirmation,insured it for sale price,send it on its way.
A couple days later buyer emails saying I must have made a mistake,sent him wrong card.I can assure you
it was right card,only had the one sale,no confussion,no mistake.Im no power seller or anything but have 1000+ feedback
and 100%.

I guess my question is am I going to lose my $$ and card? Thnaks in advance for any help,ideas,etc.

Oh and Happy Holidays to all!!
J.R.
Needs'
1972 Football-9's high#'s
1965 Football-8's
1958 Topps FB-7-8

Comments

• Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    Out the buyer when possible.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    JR
    sucks. There truley is some scum on ebay.
    I would ask buyer to send u psa cert # (if its psa) and see what card he is saying you sent.
    (in the slim chance he is right....did you have that card? Knowing you I would say not).
    Then call psa and see if its on a registry. Do not try to add to yours as it might be viewed as you actually having the card.
    With a little luck someone else owns the card and you can use that info.
    I would avoid having him send card back...as he then has confirmation that he sent a card. If it comes to that
    make him send something before he gets your $ and card for free. If it arrives w/o a DC then you might want to say it was never recieved.
    This is kinda 2 wrongs making a right............
    Make sure that card is still on your registry you sold. Trying to add it later on might be proof he recieved it.
    Whatever card is make sure that it is on your ebay email search to keep a looksie on it being sold.
    Good luck my friend. Happy bird day to your and family.

May the Raiders gobble up the boys today !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    What are the two cards in question?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    Looking forward to more responses. I've always wondered what keeps this from happening.

jbox
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looking forward to more responses. I've always wondered what keeps this from happening.

jbox >>

morals
  • Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Looking forward to more responses. I've always wondered what keeps this from happening.

jbox >>

morals >>

Well crap, we're in more trouble than I thought.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

jbox >>

morals >>

Well crap, we're in more trouble than I thought. >>

Are we? I've had about 350 eBay transactions this fall, mostly sales, and haven't had a single buyer try to pull some scam on me. I think we all need to be aware and warn each other about situations like this one, but I choose to believe that 99.99% of the people out there are honest in these transactions.
  • Options
    I don't know if there is much you can do. Ebay almost always sides with the buyer. What card did the buyer claim you sent? Getting the cert number may help.

Some people are just shady...
    http://consumerist.com/2012/08/14/i-sent-ebay-buyer-a-pair-of-sunglasses-they-sent-me-back-a-brick/
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Maurice is busy eating Turkey, he will be getting back to you later. image
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable