Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE Black Friday Special

Anyone know if our friends at BBCE are having one again this year?

Comments

• Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    hope so! my wife won't buy me cards so "santa" needs to come through for me.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Probably still busy trying to move into a new location.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Word is that due to lack of unopened 1970's product grote will be handling all those orders from his personal inventory while offering free shipping and the 10% off BBCE's website
    prices!

aconte
  • Options
    dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    The move went pretty well and things appear to be back to normal (you can see pics of the new place on our Facebook page), but Steve has been out sick since Saturday afternoon. I asked him about what we're doing but haven't heard back yet. While the news will be posted on our website and on Facebook, there is a chance it doesn't go up today, but rather tomorrow. Sorry we couldn't give the Black Friday promotion more attention this year, but when the opportunity to move into our dream location came up two months ago, that immediately became the #1 priority. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• Options
    BobHBobH Posts: 206 ✭✭

<< <i>Word is that due to lack of unopened 1970's product grote will be handling all those orders from his personal inventory while offering free shipping and the 10% off BBCE's website
    prices!

I like this idea. It's in the Christmas Spirit........
    Interested in 60's and 70's psa and raw star and hof cards
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Word is that due to lack of unopened 1970's product grote will be handling all those orders from his personal inventory while offering free shipping and the 10% off BBCE's website
    prices!

aconte >>

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Word is that due to lack of unopened 1970's product grote will be handling all those orders from his personal inventory while offering free shipping and the 10% off BBCE's website prices! >>

And since I live close to him, if I pick up my order I get a 20% discount!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything outside 1967 to 1983 is up for grabs! Lol!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>The move went pretty well and things appear to be back to normal (you can see pics of the new place on our Facebook page), but Steve has been out sick since Saturday afternoon. I asked him about what we're doing but haven't heard back yet. While the news will be posted on our website and on Facebook, there is a chance it doesn't go up today, but rather tomorrow. Sorry we couldn't give the Black Friday promotion more attention this year, but when the opportunity to move into our dream location came up two months ago, that immediately became the #1 priority. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving weekend. >>

Reed - thanks for the update. I hope Steve and everyone else who has been sick there gets better soon. Congrats on the new digs - they look awesome!!! And Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    Can someone post the new places pics? Im not on Facebook.
    Thx
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Can someone post the new places pics? Im not on Facebook.Thx >>

I'm not on Facebook either. But if you go to GOOGLE and type in "Facebook BBCE" it will bring you to their page and you can see the 17 photos they have posted.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

prices!

aconte >>

Better him than me. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    on my way over Mike! image
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Here is the details from their blog

link
  • Options

<< <i>Here is the details from their blog

link >>

Thanks for posting this. I was going to meet anyoen at my door and redirect them to Mike's place. image

Anyone know if new stock is going to be added?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    My guess would be no -- but, it is just that...a guess.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Here is the details from their blog

link >>

Thanks for posting this. I was going to meet anyoen at my door and redirect them to Mike's place. image

Anyone know if new stock is going to be added? >>

I will be extremely impressed if they pull that off.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    I managed to place my same order twice, with the wrong mailing address.

Here is hoping.

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy black Friday shopping to me. Decided to grab one of the graded 73 packs Steve had for sale. Got the cheapest one, but now that just leaves 70, 71 and 74 to complete my run of the 70's.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    I was looking at the 73 packs for a few moments...then decided to stick with my original intent...

1982 OPC Baseball Unopened Wax Box
    1983 Topps Baseball Unopened "Michigan" Wax Box
    1985 Donruss Leaf Baseball Unopened Wax Box
    1986 Topps Baseball Wax Box
    1986 Donruss Leaf Baseball Unopened Wax Box
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Now that they have a new store, they need a new and updated website; right now it sucks.
  • Options

<< <i>Now that they have a new store, they need a new and updated website; right now it sucks. >>

Maurice wants you to stay classy al032184.
  • Options
    Picked up some of my usual unopened favorite - 1975 Topps mini.

Good luck to all that grab stuff from BBCE.

aconte
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Nothing really exciting, but got a lot of junk wax. Needed 87, 88, 89, and 90 Topps boxes for my unopened run of 80-90.

Also picked up 2 boxes of 87 Donruss (one to rip) and an 89 Upper Deck Box for the unopened collection.

Considered a box of 1990 Score, but opted that buying the Bo Jackson card in a 10 would be less frustrating than trying subbing them to get back 9's. Ha.
  • Options
    somewhat confused on black friday,if ordering thanksgiving day,i am in black friday.is this correct.thanks
  • Options
    You can order anytime between now and Sunday to get the 10% off. The exact times are listed on the blog in BBCE's site.

aconte
  • Options
    I also picked up some mini wax and 77 opc wax, which I plan to rip!

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I was looking at those 86 Football Grocery racks....still very affordable at $35 - great fun to rip with the chance to pull rookie cards of Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Reggie White and a few others.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Do they still offer free shipping
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>Do they still offer free shipping >>

Only on $50 orders of 1987-present cards.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up the following:

1989 Score Football Box x2
    2004 Topps Chrome Football Box x2
    1998 SI Greats of the Game FB Box
    1992 Stadium Club High Series FB Box

I was debating the 1984 OPC Hockey Box, but with the shipping, it was little too high for what's left of my budget.

Steve had a note about his buy prices rising by a significant amount. This will drive retail unopened pre-1984 prices higher across the hobby. Makes me wonder if we are starting to approach a bubble market.

BTW - Can anyone tell me about the 1998 SI Greats of the Game FB Box? I bought somewhat on a whim. I actually think it is a 1999 product, but I could find it in 1999 in the Beckett Monthly. Was this a rare product?
    Mike
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Do they still offer free shipping >>

Only on $50 orders of 1987-present cards. >>

Lol, reading comprehension has not been my strength today.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options

<< <i>I picked up the following:

I was debating the 1984 OPC Hockey Box, but with the shipping, it was little too high for what's left of my budget.

Steve had a note about his buy prices rising by a significant amount. This will drive retail unopened pre-1984 prices higher across the hobby. Makes me wonder if we are starting to approach a bubble market. >>

He also had a note on his Facebook page about orders placed before midnight tonight being charged full price.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options

<< <i>

Steve had a note about his buy prices rising by a significant amount. This will drive retail unopened pre-1984 prices higher across the hobby. Makes me wonder if we are starting to approach a bubble market. >>

He also had a note on his Facebook page about orders placed before midnight tonight being charged full price. >>

Nathan, Steve posted that the sale started at 12:01 am on Thursday, 11/28, which was earlier this morning. Shouldn't that mean the sale is in effect right now?

• Options
    Here's what I read on Facebook and his webiste. Midnight on Thanksgiving day and Thursday 12:01 AM has begun. Pretty clear to me:

Black Friday Specials at Baseball Card Exchange will start at 12:01 A.M. CST Thursday, November 28th, 2013 (That is midnight on Thanksgiving day) and run through 11:59 P.M. CST on Sunday, December 1st, 2013 (That is midnight on Sunday).

All orders placed so far should get the Black Friday special. Just got to look at the time.

aconte
  • Options

<< <i>

He also had a note on his Facebook page about orders placed before midnight tonight being charged full price. >>

I saw that note. Based on the time listed, I believe that meant before Midnight 11/28 12:01 AM. That would include 11:59 PM 11/27 and earlier. What am I missing here?

aconte
  • Options
    Lol, yep I am the dummy who can't read. I had been waiting until midnight tonight. I was trying to help him out and it actually helped me out.

Thanks, Tim and my apologies to the smart ones that could read directions.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Not exactly the case. According to their Facebook page as long as you mix the two categories you get free shipping up to 40.00.

For example 1,000.00 in older stuff plus one 1987 Donruss pack gets you free shipping. >>

I read this differently. Pre-87 pays for shipping. Post '86 gets free shipping up to $40. Mix of both pays for shipping.
  • Options

<< <i>Lol, yep I am the dummy who can't read. I had been waiting until midnight tonight. I was trying to help him out and it actually helped me out.

Thanks, Tim and my apologies to the smart ones that could read directions. >>

LOL, it's all good, Nathan~Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! image

• Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's what I read on Facebook and his webiste. Midnight on Thanksgiving day and Thursday 12:01 AM has begun. Pretty clear to me:

Black Friday Specials at Baseball Card Exchange will start at 12:01 A.M. CST Thursday, November 28th, 2013 (That is midnight on Thanksgiving day) and run through 11:59 P.M. CST on Sunday, December 1st, 2013 (That is midnight on Sunday).

All orders placed so far should get the Black Friday special. Just got to look at the time.

aconte >>

The date and times are clear, but they don't match with what is in the ()s! In one instance midnight is referenced to the beginning if a day 12:01 A.M. and the other to the end of a day 11:59 P.M. so I could see that leading to confusion!

Scott
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Here's what I read on Facebook and his webiste. Midnight on Thanksgiving day and Thursday 12:01 AM has begun. Pretty clear to me:

aconte >>

The date and times are clear, but they don't match with what is in the ()s! In one instance midnight is referenced to the beginning if a day 12:01 A.M. and the other to the end of a day 11:59 P.M. so I could see that leading to confusion!

Scott >>

Then Steve will almost certainly honor the discount for the Thursday orders.
  • Options
    Hello! Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving!

Somehow in the wording I used for the rules of Black Friday, I seemed to screw it up. Maybe its from being in bed the last 5 days with the flu and my brain burned out. Anyway, all orders placed so far, no matter what the time was, will be honored with the proper Black Friday discounts.

Now go eat way too much and watch football!

Thanks! Steve
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Not exactly the case. According to their Facebook page as long as you mix the two categories you get free shipping up to 40.00.

For example 1,000.00 in older stuff plus one 1987 Donruss pack gets you free shipping. >>

I read this differently. Pre-87 pays for shipping. Post '86 gets free shipping up to $40. Mix of both pays for shipping. >>

That's what I was referring to.
  • Options

<< <i>Hello! Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving!

Somehow in the wording I used for the rules of Black Friday, I seemed to screw it up. Maybe its from being in bed the last 5 days with the flu and my brain burned out. Anyway, all orders placed so far, no matter what the time was, will be honored with the proper Black Friday discounts.

Now go eat way too much and watch football!

Thanks! Steve >>

Happy Thanksgiving, Steve! And thanks!

• Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Steve. Hope you feel better.

aconte
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy black Friday shopping to me. Decided to grab one of the graded 73 packs Steve had for sale. Got the cheapest one, but now that just leaves 70, 71 and 74 to complete my run of the 70's.

image >>

Nice work. I've been eyeing that pack for over a month. Now that it's gone I'm a little bummed.

Congrats.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    I think that Steve provides a great service, but I still do not understand why they do not have a regular inventory management system and still have to fill or kill orders. I think it would make it easier on them, and make it much more customer friendly if they did so. Inventory management systems are so easy to implement nowadays and can be built into any type of website.
    www.sportsnutcards.com
    Specializing in Certified Autograph Cards, Rookies, Rare Inserts and other quality modern cards! Over 8000 Cards in stock now! Come visit our physical store located at 1210 Main St. Belmar ,NJ
  • Options

<< <i>I think that Steve provides a great service, but I still do not understand why they do not have a regular inventory management system and still have to fill or kill orders. I think it would make it easier on them, and make it much more customer friendly if they did so. Inventory management systems are so easy to implement nowadays and can be built into any type of website. >>

I have noticed recently though that when a particular pack was purchased, if you tried to purchase it again, you'd get a message saying that the item was no longer available. Not sure if this is something new, but I liked it.

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Jeff, congrats on the newest addition, but why stop with just the 4th series. image

Tim, I moved. image

Steve, I hope you rest up and continue to feel better. I think you will be real busy tomorrow.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.