Home Metal Detecting

Nov 23, 2013: Possible last hunt of year, couple goodies

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
Got out yesterday but only had an hour and a half. Went back to the field that's yielded quite a few buttons this year (84). It was cold... around 29 degrees. Ended with 4 buttons, maybe some kind of bridle rosette? made out of white metal, and what I think is a Canada large cent. Can't see anything other than what looks like a circle on each side. That's the only coin I can think of that have that. Unfortunately, not much else there.

Supposed to be cold the rest of the week and there may be snow too. Hoping it warms up, but I'll accept if this is the last hunt of the year.

HH all!

from a previous hunt but never posted:

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice hunt.... that 1906 is a beauty.... cannot make out anything on the possible Canadian cent...maybe a long soak in olive oil... Yeah, with this cold spell, the ground is likely to freeze.. take heart, spring is on the way....image Cheers, RickO
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Nice finds as usual image. Especially like that Barber.

Saturday we had seasonable temps, in the mid-40s, but I spent most of my day on homeowner responsibilities. I think I spent 3 hours alone on raking leaves. Sunday I had more time but a cold front moved in and I woke up to a temp of 23 and wind chill of 10 image. Very gusty winds all day, just not worth it to me. Even walking the dog wasn't all that pleasant.

Our weather in Maryland can be fickle, so there's still a chance I could get some hunting time in December.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I spent 3 hours alone on raking leaves. >>

White Tornado.... I quit raking leaves and got a blower.... cleans the gutters quickly and the yard in one quarter of the time....Cheers, RickO
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blow them away from the house and then mow them up. I haven't detected since Oct 8th. About the time I'm ready again the ground will freeze up.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Oh I have a blower, but it still takes a while. We have a lot of trees image.

I haven't been detecting in probably 3-4 weeks.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any mint mark on that barber quarter?