Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Late Night Rips: Next up~1976 Topps baseball rack pack!

2»

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Middle section was a disappointment. Centering not as good and registration not as nice, either. Pulled a beautifully centered tougher card #285 Cuellar, but snow may saddle it with a PD, I'm thinking.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    And finally, the header section, which was also a disappointment, centering-wise. One nicely centered card in that section of 14 cards. All in all, a fun rip at a discounted price, with the highlights being the Lowenstein which may have a shot at a 10, and the Ruth card.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    What's next??????????????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>What's next?????????????? >>

Mini time!!

• Options
    That was 20 minutes ago. Hitting the sack in a few.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Opened two packs of 75 minis from a past CU group rip. Pulled 5 gradable cards, 4 of which are pictured here. The Tanana is super tough. An 8 is a $40 card. Butler is the nicest of the group, imo. Tough centering on these as always.

• Options

<< <i>That was 20 minutes ago. Hitting the sack in a few. >>

Hey, I'm a one-man show, LOL!

• Options
    HAHA. OK, enuf opening from you. Mike is getting mad! lol
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    '77 wax next!

• Options
    Nice pack of 77 Topps~3 gradable cards, including a beautifully centered and sharp Cubs team card..

• Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    Very entertaining thread as usual when you get wacky and decide to open something from that vaunted vault, Tim!
    Great stuff!
  • Options
    And for the nightcap--one pack of 1976 OPC wax~!!

• Options
    Rough centering throughout this pack...one diamond in the rough, so to speak..

• Options

<< <i>Very entertaining thread as usual when you get wacky and decide to open something from that vaunted vault, Tim!
    Great stuff! >>

Thanks, Scott! The vault is now closed for the rest of the weekend at least, LOL..

• Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    I missed a lot of ripping, Tim. You were burning that midnight oil for sure!! It is a good thing I cashed out before 12:00 am, or I would had the itch to rip more packs too. The fresh Sun King We-Mac beer I was enjoying put me to sleep like a baby!!image
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Great cards Tim. Can't believe you ripped 75 mini too.

Always like the clean scans you put up too.

aconte
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Tim,
    This was very cool.

I've got a '80 cello hanging around that you are tempting me to rip now! Maybe I'll save it for Christmas.
  • Options

<< <i>Tim,
    This was very cool.

I've got a '80 cello hanging around that you are tempting me to rip now! Maybe I'll save it for Christmas. >>

Thanks, Tom! I opened a 1980 wax pack a couple weeks ago and pulled a Henderson but unfortunately centering relegated it to the 7-8 grade range. Was still a thrill!

Tony, don't worry, I decided to send 4 of my remaining 6 group rip packs to PSA, including one with Niekro on the back, so that they will be protected from further rippage. I do still have two more raw minis, though, but I'm keeping them sealed for my raw collection right now.

I am getting some more 82 OPC wax, though, and a few more 78 OPC wax, to rip next weekend!

On the 77s, I believe the Cubbage is a toughie. The Cubs team card has a shot at PSA 10. It's that sharp. Same for the 75 mini Butler #549 card, which is a pop 1 in PSA 10.

• Options

<< <i>The Cubs team card has a shot at PSA 10. It's that sharp. Same for the 75 mini Butler #549 card, which is a pop 1 in PSA 10. >>

Good luck Tim. That Cubs Team will bring you $140.00.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing the rips, Tim! There are some great looking cards in there. My personal favorite was that '82 OPC Brett!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx for all the entertainment Tim.

Haven't been able to communicate easily for the past 24 hrs.

You have some killers in the rip - good luck on the sub.

Looking forward to the followup. image
    Mike
  • Options
    Nice Tim! Thanks for sharing the fun. I call dibs on the Tanana. image That is actually very clean looking. There are no legit 9s that exist (all 3 are short). I believe that is an undervalued card.
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    Thanks again for all the kind words, guys! This larest round of ripping was quite a blast~hopefully a couple cards grade in my favor to help offset the cost, lol. Regardless of that, though, it's a lot of fun, and a great way to learn more about unopened product, in general, from this era.

<< <i>Nice Tim! Thanks for sharing the fun. I call dibs on the Tanana. image That is actually very clean looking. There are no legit 9s that exist (all 3 are short). I believe that is an undervalued card. >>

I agree wholeheartedly, Henry. Most of the few 9s I've seen with this color combo are painfully short and in old flips that would not pass grading today.