Home Precious Metals

Comments

• Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    I was reading the comments and now I understand. That census report was for all 57 states.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    well knock me over with a feather. next we'll learn that, in fact, people cannot keep their existing medical plans under Obamacare. imageimage
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Who could've predicted this?" - Mayor of Whoville
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love flashback articles from the Captain Obvious Gazette. image

I believe every month for the past 5-6 years we've all here been discussing how those numbers are completely cooked.
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>well knock me over with a feather. next we'll learn that, in fact, people cannot keep their existing medical plans under Obamacare. imageimage >>

he apologized so its all ok now imageimageimage

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many civil servants are employed in the Department of Manipulation? They sure are busy these days.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    100 million signed up under the ACA, how can you not believe?? image100 mill
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just another thing to add to the manipulation pile of things that "aren't manipulated" - though it wasn't like we didn't all know >>

Since this is not a product of a market I will accept this as manipulation.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scroll down the right side of the page for important news from this rag!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Another word for manipulation....... CHANGE. How's it working for you?image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just another thing to add to the manipulation pile of things that "aren't manipulated" - though it wasn't like we didn't all know >>

Since this is not a product of a market I will accept this as manipulation. >>

So job numbers CAN be manipulated but the markets (or elections) they affect remain unmanipulated?image
    I guess the same applies to money supply, interest rates, changing of standard accounting rules, inflation figures, etc. Why have the scam if it's not to swing the outcome of something one way or the other? Markets are not only not exempt from the swaying, they are usually the reason for it.

Perception drives markets. Perception is easily manipulated by those who control the information that forms it. Manipulate the perception and you have easily manipulated the market. Where do most investors get the information that forms their perception? They get it from government released numbers and from corporate controlled media.

Markets can be and are manipulated. This can be easily proven by giving auction bidders twice the money they walked into the door with.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I love flashback articles from the Captain Obvious Gazette. image

I believe every month for the past 5-6 years we've all here been discussing how those numbers are completely cooked. >>

I have not read this report yet but....over the last 5 years there have been over 8 million Americans "removed" from the labor force. That's almost 150,000 people per month. Add those 8 million+ back into the numbers as "unemployed" and our current rate would be over 12%.

Granted some have truly retired early but many are simply not participating in the labor force. Don't even begin to look at the numbers working part-time but desiring full-time w/benefits. U6 is easily 20% regardless of the BLS "numbers".
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely this is not a surprise....Cheers, RickO
  • Options

• Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Since this is not a product of a market I will accept this as manipulation. >>

And there you have it.. it has officially been accepted and deemed as manipulation... therefor it is...image
  • Options
    Im just glad I didnt get swept into the PM market manipulation. Some people are really getting their a$$es handed to them now.

• Options

<< <i>Im just glad I didnt get swept into the PM market manipulation. Some people are really getting their a$$es handed to them now. >>

only those who buy high and sell low. No different than any other market - you have to do your homework. Long term stackers correctly work under the assumption that eventually even the manipulation will not be able to keep the price down. Frequent traders can profit from the ups and from the downs.

• Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Im just glad I didnt get swept into the PM market manipulation. Some people are really getting their a$$es handed to them now. >>

only those who buy high and sell low. No different than any other market - you have to do your homework. Long term stackers correctly work under the assumption that eventually even the manipulation will not be able to keep the price down. Frequent traders can profit from the ups and from the downs. >>

I kind of like the taste of a$$ being that as Derry points out....profits are profits.....I really haven't heard of many talking about their other market profits around here.. Hmmm.image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could say the same thing for an insurance policy on your home, life, or health. You pay for that over the years even if nothing goes wrong. At some point you think, why do I even need it, I just lose money with it.
    Then the day comes when you really need that insurance and you let it lapse. Google, Priceline, GMCR, and Tesla shares are not insurance policies.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could say the same thing for an insurance policy on your home, life, or health. You pay for that over the years even if nothing goes wrong. At some point you think, why do I even need it, I just lose money with it. Then the day comes when you really need that insurance and you let it lapse. Google, Priceline, GMCR, and Tesla shares are not insurance policies.

We bought a car for someone, and she let the insurance lapse. Then it was stolen and was never recovered. Many lessons here.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

You could say the same thing for an insurance policy on your home, life, or health. You pay for that over the years even if nothing goes wrong. At some point you think, why do I even need it, I just lose money with it.
    Then the day comes when you really need that insurance and you let it lapse. Google, Priceline, GMCR, and Tesla shares are not insurance policies. >>

I never said stocks were. However many have said PMs are Insurance and they have seen 30-50% losses. Thats some insurance. PM bulls were dead wrong in their stance of PMs vs equities. PMs will rise again and I am buying at opportune times but the constant talk of equity bubbles is humorous. PM bulls didn't see the silver bubble, even after it tripled in a year, so why should they be able to see an equity bubble?

• Options
    Haven't cashed in my dollar insurance policy yet, the need for it is greater than ever. When I do cash it in you can rest assured there will be no "loss."

I've improved my physical health since purchasing my life insurance policy. Guess I lost money on it. image