Home Precious Metals
Options

I just purchased 35 items (All Silver) to give as Christmas Gifts.

How much do you give in regards to PMs during the Holiday season?

Here is the breakdown:

Father: 5 oz Silver Bar - Monarch, (5 Gram) Silver Bar - Monarch, 1/2 oz Silver Round - Monarch, 1/10 oz Silver Round - Train, 1 Gram Silver Round - Monarch

Father in law: 1.6 oz (50 Gram) Silver Bar - Monarch, (5 Gram) Silver Bar - Monarch, 1/2 oz Silver Round - Monarch, 1/10 oz Silver Round - Train, 1 Gram Silver Round - Monarch

To me, from wife: 5 oz Silver Bar - Monarch, 1/2 oz Silver Round - Monarch, (5 Gram) Silver Bar - Monarch, 1 Gram Silver Round - Monarch, 1/10 oz Silver Round - Train

To me, from Daughter: 1 oz Silver Bar - Monarch

I also picked up: 12ea 1/10 oz Silver Round - Train. I will wrap these in Christmas paper as well as a 1/10 oz AGE. I will then let everyone that is there on Christmas morning pick one out of a hat and will explain to them a little about PMs and then I will tell them what could be in their pick.... and the value on that day image

Finally I picked up 7ea 1 Gram Silver Round - Monarch to add to my giveaways here on the forum image

This should be a good Christmas image

Comments

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I give my niece and nephew a silver round every Christmas. Ase for him, kookaburra for her.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    This sounds like fun!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea Ray....I have given ASE's to children born into the family since '86...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    Neat idea on the 1/10oz rounds. Somebody is gonna hit the jackpot.

I've given 2 of my nephews some Silver Eagles before. That was before they were close to $30 each. They might get them again this year.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    You are generous and sounds like everyone should be happy!
    Giving silver for the holidays is a great idea!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I just purchased 35 items (All Silver) to give as Christmas Gifts

You're either going to be the coolest guy at the party, or the one that people mumble under their breath and say about you "can you believe what he gave as a christmas gift?"
    I did this one year and all the kids were like wtf is this? Keep in mind, you're on a metals forum, not everyone likes metals. I learned my lesson the hard way, get kids what they want, not what you think is cool to give. Just my .02 from experience.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I just purchased 35 items (All Silver) to give as Christmas Gifts

You're either going to be the coolest guy at the party, or the one that people mumble under their breath and say about you "can you believe what he gave as a Christmas gift?"
    I did this one year and all the kids were like wtf is this? Keep in mind, you're on a metals forum, not everyone likes metals. I learned my lesson the hard way, get kids what they want, not what you think is cool to give. Just my .02 from experience. >>

Pieces,

I totally agree with your assessment. My usual present to my Sister and her family is, adults get $100 children get $50. I usually send one check until the children reach 18, then they become an adult and they get their own check. This year I will be visiting them (They live in Massachusetts, I live in Tennessee) and I will be bringing each of them a Christmas card with their usual cash equivalent gift in addition to the Silver and Gold bonus image For the record, I am usually the coolest guy at their parties image Not that I'm cool, it's just that they have lame parties...lol. Okay I'm joking.

In addition to this "bonus gift" I intend to offer a short history about gold about diversifying their savings/investments. image Okay, I'm going to be the weird brother/uncle this year...lol.

Thanks,
    Ray
  • Options
    You didn't forget me did you?
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your generosity, Ray. Your gifts will strike a chord with 1 out of 3, and the others will just roll their eyes and give each other a furtive glance or two. But it's worth it!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.