Home Metal Detecting

LORDM, WHERE ARE YOU?? WE'RE WAITING FOR YOUR FINDS!!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
Come on... spill it, even if it's just a small hint!

Comments

• We want finds! We want finds!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i heard he will post soooooon. i hope so. thought he said in a previous post it might take a while. happy hunting all.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep... I am sure he is putting together both video and still sequences with his usual flowery prose and intriguing narrative... patience... Cheers, RickO
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here I am!

Sadly, there weren't many finds at all, once my detector died. I left England without much more to show for it.

I did post a bit more on the World Coin forum thread.

(Most updates were there as that's where the largest number of the trip sponsors hang out.)

I will likely be scarce for a while, and it will be some time before I get around to editing all the video from the trip.

But I will, eventually!

In the meantime, everybody will have to watch YOUR finds, pcgs69. Those are more consistent and usually better, anyway. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Just read the post on the Darkside thread. Glad you enjoyed the trip, even if it didn't quite turn out as expected. Interesting analogy you made between cheesecake and detecting. I go through periods like that with my hobbies. I had a chance to hunt this weekend, but time would have been pretty tight and it would not have been very enjoyable constantly worrying about the clock and checking my phone (wife out of town, kids would have been home a while by themselves).
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sometimes when a hobby ceases to be fun and becomes too much like work, I find myself wondering why I'm devoting so much time to it. image

The answer, of course, is that practice makes perfect, as in just about all things. But I've always lacked a little in the discipline department, and have had just enough to get some minor success. I wish it were more consistent. I'd be a far better detectorist.

Self-discipline and persistence and a certain amount of time spent outside one's comfort zone usually reaps good dividends.

This England trip was pretty far outside my comfort zone a lot of the time, but I was able to hold my own... if barely. But everybody else in the group far outdid me in finds, and I would imagine relatively little of that had to do with their more expensive equipment.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first trip to the continent was useless. Had to experience their way of life, foods, living.
    Concentration on anything else was very trying. Pubs, Inns, bazaars, and the such took all
    my time. Just getting acclimated and comfortable was time consuming.

Not saying that this was or could have been a problem, but it sure was for me.

Next trip will be focused and far more productive!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    I sometimes think winter and frozen ground are a blessing in disguise. Some years I don't get out at all for 3 months(Dec,Jan,Feb). So when the weather breaks in March I have a renewed enthusiasm to get beepin'.