Home Metal Detecting
Options

White's 6000 Di Pro Plus Service

Figured I'd pass on this information I just became aware of. I bought my White's 6000 Di Pro Plus around 1984 and it has been acting up lately. Turns out that White's will service any of their detectors regardless of age. I contacted them and was told:

"Send the control box, search coil and battery holder. Enclose a note describing the problem and include your phone number and we will call you with an estimate within a week from receiving your unit. Labor is >$60 plus parts and shipping."

Link to their service center page is here --> http://www.whiteselectronics.com/support/service/service-centers

Seems this will be a lot cheaper that buying a new detector.

Happy Hunting!

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White's has phenomenal customer service... I am a huge fan of their quality product, but their customer service is why I will only buy White's MD's. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, ill remember that when i get my white serviced.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Heard a lot of great things about White's customer service. Not so much about Minelab, but haven't had to contact them yet, so I can't confirm or deny.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Whites is about 20 years old now and has never needed help. Great unit.

However, I think you might be missing out on the newer technology. I know if mine broke
    I'd be looking for a new Whites. I would love to see depth, what it is, and such.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Bob.... I don't go metal detecting that often. I'm sure the newer technology is a blast to use, but saving a few bucks isn't bad either. Instead of getting that Garrett AT Pro for $500 or so, I just got word that my repaired 6000 Pro Plus is back on its way to me for just $80. Not bad at all and very fast turnaround at the service center!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    My 10 year old Tesoro DeLeon went on the fritz last year. I paid $20 to ship it to them. They replaced the coil and shipped it back.....no charge.