Home Sports Talk
Options

K.C. Chiefs in Denver to face the Broncos next week. Who wins.................

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
..... and why?

Further, what is your prediction of the final score?

I hope Denver wins. It will be in big trouble if it does not since the Chiefs always play well against Denver in KC (and beat them quite often).

Comments

• Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    I think a lot of it is going to come down to how severe the injury is to Manning. KC has shown they have the defense to handle good offenses, but if Manning is healthy, I think they win by a touchdown.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking Denver will come out as a 5-6 point favorite and will cover easily.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm thinking Denver will come out as a 5-6 point favorite and will cover easily. >>

Amazing ... that number opened at 8.5. Can't remember a team being 9-0, with no injuries, and being such a large dog.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I think Denver wins going away.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    That line will come down to 7, maybe 6.5. I don't care what the line is, I'm taking KC.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    This will be the first dynamic offense KC has faced, and it is on the road. It won't be pretty. Not they matter, but after this game KC will plummet in to #6 in most power rankings- unless the Colts are stuck in that spot.
  • Options

<< <i>This will be the first dynamic offense KC has faced, and it is on the road. It won't be pretty. Not they matter, but after this game KC will plummet in to #6 in most power rankings- unless the Colts are stuck in that spot. >>

I've heard this argument before, but they did a great job shutting down the Eagles. Have the Chiefs benefited from a soft schedule? Of course, but as yesterday showed, with the Jags winning and the Rams blowing out the Colts, each week any team can turn into a dynamic offense.
  • Options
    On the flip side, this is the first legitimate defense that Denver has faced, one that gets 4 sacks a game. IMO, Denver's offensive line is going to get exposed.

Andy Reid is 13-1 off a bye, and his only loss was with the putrid Eagles team that got him fired last year.

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Denver...wont even be a contest...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Denver...wont even be a contest... >>

+1

The Division I-AA part of KC's schedule is over...no one they've beaten thus far is over .500 now. I think Denver will be playing with a chip on their shoulder to make a statement and reclaim first place in the division.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    <<<no one they've beaten thus far is over .500 now. >>>

I can make the same claim about Denver. They've played one team over .500 and lost to them (Colts).
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>That line will come down to 7, maybe 6.5. I don't care what the line is, I'm taking KC. >>

For that line to go under 7 there is going to have to be a HUGE amount of money on The Chiefs. And I mean a HUGE amount. Can't see that happening.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i><<<no one they've beaten thus far is over .500 now. >>>

I can make the same claim about Denver. They've played one team over .500 and lost to them (Colts). >>

That is true, although KC's schedule was been softer with a cumulative opponents' record of 30-54 vs 34-49 for Denver.

Jamaal Charles is the entire KC offense and he is terrific but Manning has so many weapons, and as stout as KC's D has been vs teams with a cumulative winning % of .357, I don't see them being able to contain Denver on offense.

We'll see Sunday..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. Lots of factors. When Denver was rushed they did not look good against INDY.

I say Denver by 10; but here's my key stat of the game.....Charles 100 yds rushing over/under. Over KC wins. Under Denver wins.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This will be the first dynamic offense KC has faced, and it is on the road. It won't be pretty. Not they matter, but after this game KC will plummet in to #6 in most power rankings- unless the Colts are stuck in that spot. >>

I've heard this argument before, but they did a great job shutting down the Eagles. Have the Chiefs benefited from a soft schedule? Of course, but as yesterday showed, with the Jags winning and the Rams blowing out the Colts, each week any team can turn into a dynamic offense. >>

The Eagles offense is dynamic? How so?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We'll see Sunday.. >>

Well said!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I've heard this argument before, but they did a great job shutting down the Eagles. Have the Chiefs benefited from a soft schedule? Of course, but as yesterday showed, with the Jags winning and the Rams blowing out the Colts, each week any team can turn into a dynamic offense. >>

The Eagles offense is dynamic? How so? >>

If the Eagles aren't dynamic, I'd love to see which teams you think are.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think a lot of it is going to come down to how severe the injury is to Manning. KC has shown they have the defense to handle good offenses, but if Manning is healthy, I think they win by a touchdown. >>

I agree with this; Manning is the lynch pin here. But, if he's healthy it's more like 10 points IMO.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    <<<The Eagles offense is dynamic? How so? >>>

Outside of games where Matt Barkley was prominently involved, the Eagles average 30 ppg. Even including Barkley games, they are ranked #4 in yds/gm.

They've got the one of the most versatile and elusive RBs in the league, and one of the best deep threats in the game.

The Eagles can move the football.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The Eagles offense is dynamic? How so? >>

If the Eagles aren't dynamic, I'd love to see which teams you think are. >>

I don't think it's nearly as hot as everyone thinks it is- regardless of who the QB is. They face a tough defense, they get shut down. On a similar note, KC will face a big offense and get lit up. KC will finish with 3 losses this year- Denver x2, and I think somehow Washington will pull one out.

Offenses more "dynamic" or whatever term we choose to use- Seattle (even battered as it is), San Fran (when healthy), and Denver (unless Manning is in a walker).

Just sayin'
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DEN wins, if Manning is OK. I think he'll pick KC apart.

DEN by 10+.....maybe more if KC has to start throwing to catch up.

KC is a very good team, but not 'DEN good'.

Go Hawks!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>>This will be the first dynamic offense KC has faced, and it is on the road. <<<

But But But........they faced that Cowboy team with the GREAT ELITE QB Romo and only won by a point!imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>>>>This will be the first dynamic offense KC has faced, and it is on the road. <<<

But But But........they faced that Cowboy team with the GREAT ELITE QB Romo and only won by a point!imageimage >>

Romo's line in this game:

30/42 (71% completion percentage), 298 yards a TD and no interceptions. 99.1 QB rating. He did have a strip sack fumble, though (which I am sure to you was the reason they lost).

42 pass plays vs. 14 designed runs yet he still had an amazing game. Maybe the 37 yards of rushing yards, as well as KC able to run for over 100 yards were the *real* reason they lost.

• Options
    I believe thats game, set, match Dimeman
  • Options
    I can't help but think the Chiefs will finally get expoused on the road in Dever,

For all the press he gets for "not losing the game" Alex Smith don't ever seem to be the one to win the games either.

To me thats a bad trait to have as an NFL QB. Will he be able to keep pace scoring TD's with Manning? Not Likely.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kick off in about 25 minutes.

Looking forward to see which team is the best in the AFC West.

If KC wins big with Alex Smith playing a superb game, I wonder if Bay Area sports talk radio tomorrow morning will be focused on whether the 49rs made mistake replacing Smith with CK?
  • Options

<< <i>Kick off in about 25 minutes.

Looking forward to see which team is the best in the AFC West.

If KC wins big with Alex Smith playing a superb game, I wonder if Bay Area sports talk radio tomorrow morning will be focused on whether the 49rs made mistake replacing Smith with CK? >>

They already have. They conveniently ignore the facts that Kaep was a play away from a super bowl win. Bay Area talk radio call in folks are the absolute worst (followed closely by Bay Area sports radio clowns).
  • Options
    I give credit to the Chiefs--they held tough tonight, though they never really seemed to be in a position to win this game. I figured Denver was a lock at -8 points at home, but thought they'd win by 2 TDs or more. Will be interesting to see the rematch in KC in a couple of weeks.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs played very well. Denver is just flat tough to beat, especially at home. May turn the tables on them in a few weeks?

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Well, that's why I don't bet on sports anymore, LOL.

What is glaring to me is KC's lack of weapons outside of Charles. I knew that was the case before the game, but it really stood out last night. BTW, who is now kicking themselves harder for not completing the Tony Gonzalez trade at the deadline? The 2-8 Falcons or playoff-bound Chiefs, which could use another viable option in the passing game. Smith played well enough to win that game, but every time he dropped back, it felt like all of his receivers were covered.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    The Chiefs are better than I thought but not surprised by Denver winning.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>BTW, who is now kicking themselves harder for not completing the Tony Gonzalez trade at the deadline? >>

According to meteoriteguy, who is one of the biggest Gonzo fans out there, it was on ATL rather than KC.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts