Home Precious Metals
Options

Bring back the coin show reports.

I miss the weekly coin show reports from around the country. Lets get some reporters out there.

keep stacking

Tom

Comments

• Options
    I bought a lot of nice stuff at the show .its was a great show especially for currency..... And i had 2, 500's bills stolen from my glove box sum how at sum point, im clueless...
    collector of gold and silver bullion..Owner of "aaa trash be gone" buffalo ny
    references for completed transactions : smittys , guitarwes , vetter, JamesM , durexmetals, luke marshall ,perry hall, indiananationals,tamu15 , freechance , wdrob, jimineez1
  • Options
    Baltimore show, I was refering to
    collector of gold and silver bullion..Owner of "aaa trash be gone" buffalo ny
    references for completed transactions : smittys , guitarwes , vetter, JamesM , durexmetals, luke marshall ,perry hall, indiananationals,tamu15 , freechance , wdrob, jimineez1
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the local shows I have attended lately haven't been worth writing about. Same tired coins in the same tired cases.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at the Baltimore show yesterday and the dealers I talked to all said they were having a good show which is what really counts.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Baltimore reports have been positive.....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally made it to a local show. Saw 90% at 16 to 16.5x with one guy a 15x. None traded. 1oz and 2oz Prospector bars were $30 and $60 respectively. Is that a good price? 1/10 oz AGE were 138 to 150. I traded a proof IHC for some yellow metal.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Really bad experience at the last Tucson Coin show. One dealer did it but it was enough to not return.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Local show here in town this weekend was not good. Less than half the normal attendance. Several dealers did not show. On sat around 11-12:30 was a small surge and that's it. Most people wanted silver eagles, smaller gold bullion. I did better selling some handguns and ammunition that I had put back years ago, than coins. Did sell all the eagles I had, thank goodness, had bought a box a few weeks ago and was too much in them, but they still sold.

Put a few of my heavy hitters on display, had lots of folks admire them, but no real serious offers(wasn't really offering them for sale anyway) One guy who looked at my 1901-s 25c PCGS 53 loved it, and asked how much, I told him what I paid, and he said wow!

On sunday, we probably didn't have 8 customers, but two dealers came in from down near the coast and bought a lot of lower grade type coins for want lists from some of the other dealers.(a flea market dealer(friend of mine) in town that had what they were looking for did well) (I did not have any )

Very little came in the door during this show, although I only get seconds because of my location across the room, but did manage to buy a real nice $ 2 1/2 gold, but sold it to an eager buyer about an hour later.

Several of the dealers here have had the same coins in there cases for over a year now.

Neatest coins in the room(other than mine not for sale)

1881-s Morgan PCGS 66+ nice crecent toning priced at 700.00
    1910 Lincoln Fiery red 66 500.00 ( I actually bought this for a customer of mine) strongest fullest red I had ever seen
    the dealers that came up from the coast had bought a book of merc dimes for 500bucks from another show enroute, showed me the book, was a smokin nice 1919-s Merc in at least 64 raw. Dealer had no idea it was that nice, I tried to buy it for 450, but he decided to submit it. (I think he scored) this dime will be worth what he paid for the whole book easily.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Finally made it to a local show. Saw 90% at 16 to 16.5x with one guy a 15x. None traded. 1oz and 2oz Prospector bars were $30 and $60 respectively. Is that a good price? 1/10 oz AGE were 138 to 150. I traded a proof IHC for some yellow metal. >>

That's great news - there's hope for you, yet image >>

I'll buy anything if the price is right.image

• Options
    Tough to buy GLD at a coin show.image

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coin show reports normally show up in the coin forum.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    I think it would be a good idea to have a continuous thread devoted only to PMs at the shows

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think it would be a good idea to have a continuous thread devoted only to PMs at the shows >>

Agree. The show reports in the Coin Forum usually don't get into PM's specifically. If you post it, I'll read it!image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to the annual Nevada Treasurer's unclaimed property auction Saturday. The report is
    Here, just scroll down a bit.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Went to a show yesterday and it was ok. I ran out of cash if that tells you anything lol.
    Generic bullion was going for $22ish. These stories I hear of being able to buy generic bullion for spot + .50 continue to elude me. Other more desirable bars were in the $235-270 range for 10's, $150 for 5's.
    I sold 90% at $14.80 x face. Dealers were down for Dollars to sell them to, but still wanted top dollar to buy them from them..kind of a stalemate on Dollars with every dealer.
    Attendance was down they were saying, and the Dec. show is typically the best one of the year for this particular monthly show. It was cold and we got our first snow so that may have played into it.
    I felt I was getting decent deals on the items I was interested in buying, and before I knew it, moths were coming out of my wallet rather than greenbacks. Don't you just love being metal heavy but cash poor? image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.