Home U.S. Coin Forum

Newp: 1810 Classic Head Large Cent

USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Fire away: grades, opinions, variety, etc...I know the pic stinks and I will update ASAP... Surfaces are great other than some green stuff on the center of the reverse..

I will post the grade soon.....thanks!

[URL=http://s250.photobucket.com/user/MassScrew/media/Coins/1810ClassicHeadLargeCent-Obv.jpg.html]image[/URL]
[URL=http://s250.photobucket.com/user/MassScrew/media/Coins/1810ClassicHeadLargeCent-Rev.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Comments

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to tell how the surfaces are from those pics, but I'd call it a F15.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From those images, I'd guess F-15 as well
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to be a respectable example from what I can tell - always hard to find Classic Heads in
    decent shape.
    Here's mine (the overdate version) roughly a F12 or so:

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • I'd go 12.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • raysrays Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGC 10.
  • I'm guessing S-284, but a better picture would help.
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! I'd call it VG10.
    Lance.
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it has a small clip cool looking coin I'll guess Hi F/ Low VF With NGC. image

Hoard the keys.
  • USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's mine (the overdate version) roughly a F12 or so: >>

Nice coin, Greg.. I like it!

What are the details of an S-284?

The grade is NGC VG8 - I am having a hell of a time imaging this.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some say to put cooking oil on the holder it does work. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What are the details of an S-284? >>

Obv the T in LIBERTY is low and leaning left, which yours is.
    On the rev, this is a bit more complicated to explain than to see, but the spacing of the letters in UNITED is tighter than
    others, and AT in STATES touch at the bases, among other attributes.
    I think the rating is low R3.

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

• F12

rodorr
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like it has a small clip cool looking coin I'll guess Hi F/ Low VF With NGC. image >>

You know that's the first thing I noticed, too. Curious if that was atributed as a clip on the holder, since you can really only confirm the attribution from the reverse. Since you asked for a grade, I'll SWAG it as a VG10.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice...cannot really venture a grade from those photo's....Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file