Home Precious Metals

Palladium Prospector?

NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
Hi All,
First time posting and long time lurking. I've learned alot from many intelligent members on this board, thank you.
I've seen Silver, Gold, and Platinum Engelhard Prospectors but never seen the Palladium. Does anyone know if it is in existence?

NVU

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First... welcome aboard..... second, try here... Text Cheers, RickO

I have never heard of a Pd Prospector. Given that it wasn't included into their (uber cool) lucite set, I would assume it doesn't exist.
    Calling SilverBaron, I am sure he can answer to your question.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! I may be wrong, but I think that Silver Baron posted a set of Prospectors from the mid-1980's or so that included various precious metals.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for a warm welcome. I searched through many posts on this forum but haven't heard or seen an image of Pd Prospector. Yes, that would include many of SilverBaron's posts as well.
    There are a couple Engelhard forums that I found online and none of them have any image or info of this round. Perhaps this round never been made or someone do a very good job of hiding them. I'll be very surprised to see one surface in the future, you never know.....
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I don't think Palladium was so popular in the early 80's.
    That may be the reason why Engelhard produced the prospectors in only Gold, Platinum and Silver.
    Btw, speaking of SB's set(s), all the coins but the silver are doubled, IIRC.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Stillwater rounds made by JM have a reasonably similar design, depicting 19th century America:

I think they'd make a neat addition to an otherwise all-Prospector set.

https://store.nwtmint.com/product_details/1345/Stillwater_Palladium_1_Ounce_Round/
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Stillwater rounds made by JM have a reasonably similar design, depicting 19th century America:

I think they'd make a neat addition to an otherwise all-Prospector set.

https://store.nwtmint.com/product_details/1345/Stillwater_Palladium_1_Ounce_Round/ >>

Yes, they're are nice but they're Stillwater rounds. Speaking of which, I haven't seen any Pd JM round (with JM logo on the round) anywhere.
    Perhaps Palladium wasn't popular in the 80s, hence no JM or Engelhard rounds were made....but there are JM and Engelhard bars made in the 80s. Hmm, still some mysteries about the rounds.
  • Greetings All!!

So far .... Pd Prospectors are only rumor.

I will say, If a Pd Prospector is ever offered, and I am SURE that it is real,

I will get out my "big boy" check book for it!! image

Keep on stack'n!!
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Engelhard did make 1 oz. Palladium bars -- see examples here and here -- but I've never seen or heard of a Palladium Prospector round.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)