Home Precious Metals

Anonymous Poll: Across all PM's - AU AG PT etc, Include all types Bars, Rounds but exclude Coins val

JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
KEEP POST STRICTLY ANONYMOUS BY NOT INCLUDING PERSONAL DETAILS RELATED TO THE POLL QUESTION

Consider all PM's you hold. Consider of all types- bars, rounds, nuggets, odd shapes and coins.
However please exclude collectible bullion bars or numismatic coins that one could reasonably expect to fetch greater than 2.5x the intrinsic PM value of the coin at auction on a consistent basis.

DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR SECURITY REASONS

Reflecting on your answer, and considering the known arguments both for and against PM's, do you feel you feel you're currently overweight, underweight, just fine and holding or just fine and still stacking.

Comments

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much just holding. Although I have bought, and will continue to buy, PM's in small quantities during the course of a year if I see something I like.
    I am comfortable with my PM position as a ratio to my total NW.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>do you feel you feel you're currently overweight, underweight, just fine and holding or just fine and still stacking. >>

Just fine and still stacking.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing just fine and still stacking.... Cheers, RickO
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Doing just fine and still stacking.... Cheers, RickO >>

Me too!!!image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "...currently overweight, underweight, just fine and holding or just fine and still stacking"

Not stacking as much as I want to since I'm newly retired and getting used to the ebb and flow of a new financial situation...seeing if I got everything figured out right and so far, so good...not as good as Comrade Renski but so far so good. Just kind of holding on to what I got and looking for opportunities. For some reason, I'm being strongly pulled to US 90% circ for some album filling but that's an exercise for self and certainly not a "play'.

I want to reposition my box of 20 US pre '33 into some other items that I have been lusting for for many years, like a F grade or so D half eagle...any one, I don't care, I just really want one to go with my C half eagle...kind of like a pair and I got the C so let's do this. The mid 1800's O double eagles are also very much on my radar as well since I have a '52 O and 61 (not the O) but until I'm a few more months into my retirement, I'm just going to piddle with some circ 90% but those New Orleans double eagles are historic, and cool. imageimage

So, not overweight, not underweight, just fine and holding...and maybe a little stacking.

Hammer ON!
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love these polls that want to know how much value individuals have in precious metals, etc. Sorry, while I understand the intent and interest, I just do not think it wise to respond. Even if I did, I would not give an accurate number.
    ----- kj
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Precious metals? What I think would be cool is to do what D. Carr is doing, except that I wouldn't be doing it with CAD, more primitive looking stuff. I'd be knocking out some Colonial-style copper trading tokens on an older press. mhammerman, exactly what is in those 2 pictures in your sig line? Looks intriguing!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I only wish it could be more, but unfortunately for me, the only thing rich about me is my name. Plus there's more to life than just PM's. We enjoy vacations and treating ourselves to rewards we feel are due for the hard work from time to time.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be just over $10k right now. A few ozs of Au and a few hundred of Ag.
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    my current financial situation has caused me to back off on the buying.......sitting on 250-300 oz. of silver and it will not be sold