Home Precious Metals

Friday!!

Picked up this neat 1988 Nepal Snow Leopard Gold Proof Set the other day. 1oz, 1/2oz, 1/4oz and 1/10oz. Very attractive looking coins, and .9999 pure. I found one set realize $3740 on Heritage in Jan 2012, about melt+25% at the time.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Are they Australian Mint?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice. Are they Australian Mint? >>

These were minted at the Singapore Mint.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Score !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
    Those are badass!!!! Nice pick up.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tinygold pickups for the week:

1/25th oz 2002 Gibraltar Cherub (scratch on the case only), 1945 2 peso restrike:

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Normally, this wouldn't be anything to show off, but I found it in a roll of half dollars I got from the bank this morning. Finally found something after getting skunked on tons of all-clad rolls image

"Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Normally, this wouldn't be anything to show off, but I found it in a roll of half dollars I got from the bank this morning. Finally found something after getting skunked on tons of all-clad rolls image

image >>

Nothing better than finding silver in the wild!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Snow Leopard gold is very attractive.. Cheers, RickO
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    My first new $100, I like it!

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My first new $100, I like it!

image >>

I like the front of the new US $100's, but the reverse is a bit of an eye sore. This makes me chuckle:

Designing the new $100 note
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Picked up this little miner round. Thought it was kind'a cool . . .

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!