Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Vrane Sniper???

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone use the free sniper program from Vrane? For some reason it has failed to place my last 3 bids.

Comments

• Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

I have used it. Many, many, years ago, tho. I recall that it did it's job; no complaints here.
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone use the free sniper program from Vrane? For some reason it has failed to place my last 3 bids. >>

All's I know is that if I needed something sniped by a sniper, I would not rely on one who does not accept any payment for their work.

Erik
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always relied on my own sniping ability...more fun and I never lost an item I wanted. (Some, that were not important, I forgot about). Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I was wondering if there was some sort of limit, but I've never received a message saying so.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I use constantly, and while it does fail, it happens very rarely and not recently. How long before the end of the auction, did you put in the snipe?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options

<< <i>I use constantly, and while it does fail, it happens very rarely and not recently. How long before the end of the auction, did you put in the snipe? >>

I recently bid on 2 with at least 10 hours notice. Would have won both [no regrets on missing the second] but neither bidder's list showed that I had made a bid. Always possible that I entered my password wrong. I frequently find that I don't hold the shift key long enough and don't type the symbol/letter that I intended. I thought that I was being extra careful to do so.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I used a snipping program that failed one time, I would never again think about using it.

On a side note about this forums software: I use another forum (kayak fishing forum) that if you edit your post (for say a spelling error) right away, the post does not show the post was edited. However if you edit your post (even for a spelling error) after time some time has passed, it will show that the post was edited. I thought this was a very cool feature and should be used here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file