Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A big thank you to MeatLoaf - I just bought a MASSIVE collection

As some of you may remember, our very own MeatLoaf posted a thread about a recent collection he considered purchasing. Ultimately he decided to pass, but I had some time to work on a project and Alex graciously sent me the contact information for the seller. I drove down to North Carolina and 8 hours (and one speeding ticket) later I had successfully purchased the collection! This was BY FAR the largest collection I have ever purchased in sheer size. I had to leave a few boxes behind because my tiny Nissan was literally PACKED! It was reasonably priced and had so many goodies to go through image

image[/URL]

image[/URL]

image[/URL]

image[/URL]

The last three photos are in my garage, I had already brought a couple bins inside to begin sorting, but then I remembered to take pictures!

Here are a few highlights:

1953-1967 Topps Partial Set Run
1968, 1969 & 1971 Topps Near-Complete set (missing 3-10 cards)
1975-2011 Topps Complete Set Run
1980-2011 Topps Complete Set Run
125-150 Complete "Junk" Sets (ie. 1988-1996 Pinnacle, Donruss, Fleer Ultra etc.)
100's of random odds and ends image

I will be posting a thread with some items in the BST forum sometime in the future.

Thank you again Alex!
My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Well done, just glad it all fit!!!
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    How's the overall condition?
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Be sure to check your tire pressure after that load!
  • Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Nice! Congrats
  • Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    That looks like a lot of fun!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Wow...that's going to be a lot of fun to go through. Congrats!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    CONGRATS. looking forward to seeing what you got.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Very cool...looking forward to seeing more as you go through it...
  • Congrats, have fun sorting image
  • Alex congrats! Looks like a blast, but you know you cant leave us curious folks hanging! How much did you pay for that?
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Is it weird that the pics made me want to grab some lotion and a towel?

• << <i>Is it weird that the pics made me want to grab some lotion and a towel? >>

Yes, it is...but I understand. I would giggle like a little boy going through all of that!
    It never leaves you...
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it weird that the pics made me want to grab some lotion and a towel? >>

Yes it is.

Good luck to the OP with the collection. I'll be checking the BST for what you've ran across.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>I would giggle like a little boy going through all of that! >>

it's some fun. also exhausting on the brain, senses and muscles. Jason will earn his bucks on this one. find those golden nuggets. image
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone for the comments. I will post more pictures this weekend. The older sets are generally VG-EX condition with the sets in the early 60's EX and EX-MT. I was surprised by the star power in most of them. Plenty of Mantles, Williams, Mays, Clementes and Aarons (pics to come). I will also post a want list to fill in the holes on a few of these sets.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Nice pickup, JHS!

imageimage
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • arexarex Posts: 999
    Just curious as to where in NC you got the collection from, seeing as I'm from NC
  • Was found just north of Jacksonville, NC on the coast...little town called Hubert.
  • Nice haul! I'm surprised that fit as much in as you did. You have to be happy about a collection that is too big for your car!
  • Hey Meatloaf, are you stationed at Lejeune or the air station. I'm at the 2nd MLG waiting to retire. That collection was right under my nose! Not much around Jville!

• << <i>Hey Meatloaf, are you stationed at Lejeune or the air station. I'm at the 2nd MLG waiting to retire. That collection was right under my nose! Not much around Jville! >>

I am with MAG-14 HQ at MCAS Cherry Point, small world!!! Found it originally on CL. Glad it went someone on the boards.
  • Ill have to look at Lejeuneyardsales.com everyonce in awhile maybe there are some collectors around here after all. Second time in the Lejeune area and the complete lack of Shows, shops and other collectors drives me crazy! Small world is right. Semper Fi and happy early birthday
  • Never heard of Hubert outside of Hubert Davis lol.
    I know where Jacksonville is.
    Congrats on getting the collection!