Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Simple Study on the Frequency of the Center Mintmark Position for 1897-S Barber Quarters

2»

Comments

• Options

Is this or is this not a fake, I have it in a protective slab

• Options

The little dot under the eye is what scares me

• Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin looks like it's in a PCGS slab- what does the label state?

I love them Barber Halves.....
  • Options

It’s actually just a protective slab.

• Options

Thoughts on this please! I need fast response, it’s at 1350 and I want it but I am not as smart in this type of coin

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

You like counterfeit pieces, don't you?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

How is it counterfeit? Also can you tell me any physical details that the barber quarter is fake because the reverse of the die is hard to manipulate due to the rays on shield. They are incredibly thin so it’s hard to get such a small detail on a coin. In my past year, I ONLY focused on the barber quarter. It has the same font, same exact placement, only thing that you said is bad is the toning.

• Options

If you aren't a troll, and I am not certain if you are a troll or just terribly naive, I would suggest restricting your purchases to PCGS and/or NGC graded coins from known sources because if you aren't a troll then you are attempting to purchase well beyond your knowledge.

• Options

I am trying to purchase for a friend who happens to be collecting them but could not find them. Also what do you think about the other barber quarter?

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    I am not certain if you are a troll or just terribly naive

I'm not sure either, but it appears that any sort of educational intervention is an exercise in futility, either way.

• Options

Barber quarter is genuine and is graded VF30 by PCGS NOT VF DETAILS. Genuine coin, great grade.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheGreatBen said:
    Barber quarter is genuine and is graded VF30 by PCGS NOT VF DETAILS. Genuine coin, great grade.

Pictures of the coin in the slab?

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2022 6:55PM

@TheGreatBen said:

Cert #? Would be nice to see it. It was sort of obvious that you showed us a picture of a PCGS "protective" slab.

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheGreatBen said:

Is this the coin you posted a while ago or the coin posted yesterday? It is rather clear that the coin posted a while ago and the one posted yesterday are quite different.

If it is indeed the one you sent to PCGS and many forum members stated was counterfeit, and I would also like to state that I also believe it is counterfeit, I will be shocked. Stunned, in fact.

Coin Photographer.

• Options

@FlyingAl said:

@TheGreatBen said:

Is this the coin you posted a while ago or the coin posted yesterday? It is rather clear that the coin posted a while ago and the one posted yesterday are quite different.

If it is indeed the one you sent to PCGS and many forum members stated was counterfeit, and I would also like to state that I also believe it is counterfeit, I will be shocked. Stunned, in fact.

I believe it is the second Barber quarter that was posted is supposed to be in a PCGS holder. Not the first. The first is counterfeit. The WLH is counterfeit, as well.

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB That’s what I’m thinking as well. Maybe the poster was trying to get us to fall into a trap. The first Barber is quite obviously counterfeit, so I’m as close to positive as I can be PCGS will never put it in a slab.

Coin Photographer.

• Options

• Options

I also have a second barber quarter, bet it’s counterfeit too

• Options

• Options

Zoomed in on my old screenshot cuz there were 15 coins overlapping

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file