Home Precious Metals

SilverTowne 1oz bars at $1.99 over spot (free shipping)

It looks like a good deal, especially for small orders.

SilverTowne 1oz deal
The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    What's amazing is there will be people here that buy for $2 over from them, but wont buy for $1.50 over on the BST here. image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What's amazing is there will be people here that buy for $2 over from them, but wont buy for $1.50 over on the BST here. image >>

Maybe its because they are grossed out by that picture you have as your icon image jk
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What's amazing is there will be people here that buy for $2 over from them, but wont buy for $1.50 over on the BST here. image >>

I haven't seen any name brand 1 oz silver bars for $1.50 over spot on the BST. If you have any at that price, I'm interested. Many times silver bars on the BST are optimistically priced.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

<< <i>

Maybe its because they are grossed out by that picture you have as your icon image jk >>

Looks like a guy but it's hard to tell from that small pic.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I haven't seen any name brand 1 oz silver bars for $1.50 over spot on the BST. If you have any at that price, I'm interested. Many times silver bars on the BST are optimistically priced. >>

Agreed...especially with free s&h and payable via no fee cc.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    First of all, I wasn't refering to any of MY BST offering, but I have seen 1 oz generic silver on BST where it was so close to being $1.50 over that all it would've taken is to ask the seller and they most likely would've done it if you did a quantity purchase.

Second of all, leave my avatar alone image It's Zack G. from the Hangover movies. A role model for anyone who enjoys being mentally unstable and goes on a bender once every few years when a new movie comes out.

Back to the subject...I have some tarnished up (some would call toned) and colorized silver Eagles that I'd let go for $1.60 over Spot ($22.00 is my basis point), but the shipping will not be free. It will be half of what it'll actually cost me, $8.50.
    So if $4.25 for shipping is a deal breaker for 22 "undesirable" ASE's at $1.60 over Spot ($22.00 is basis point), you are a hypocrite, because it's basically the same as what Silvertowne is offering, and you wont have to wait up to 3 weeks to get the product buying from me like you will with them. Let's see if I get any messages in my inbox.

<< <i>First of all, I wasn't refering to any of MY BST offering, but I have seen 1 oz generic silver on BST where it was so close to being $1.50 over that all it would've taken is to ask the seller and they most likely would've done it if you did a quantity purchase.

Second of all, leave my avatar alone image It's Zack G. from the Hangover movies. A role model for anyone who enjoys being mentally unstable and goes on a bender once every few years when a new movie comes out.

Back to the subject...I have some tarnished up (some would call toned) and colorized silver Eagles that I'd let go for $1.60 over Spot ($22.00 is my basis point), but the shipping will not be free. It will be half of what it'll actually cost me, $8.50.
    So if $4.25 for shipping is a deal breaker for 22 "undesirable" ASE's at $1.60 over Spot ($22.00 is basis point), you are a hypocrite, because it's basically the same as what Silvertowne is offering, and you wont have to wait up to 3 weeks to get the product buying from me like you will with them. Let's see if I get any messages in my inbox. >>

I don't think comparing a new Silvertowne silver bar to a tarnished or colorized ASE is a valid comparison. As you said, they are "undesirable".

LMAO. POINT PROVEN. They BOTH are 1 oz of silver being what one is vs. the other. Here's why. The undesirable ASE is the equal to a new Silvertowne bar. If you disagree, that's telling me alot about the thought process ones mind is taking on this...and I can ship faster for $4.25 when it's going to cost me $8.50.

I am offering a "toned" and/or "not UNC" ASE for basically the same as a 1 oz generic silvertowne bar, and you would buy the silvertowne? I'm sorry, but I almost fell off the chair laughing. That's crazy just for the fact that a ASE is a denominational coin of $1, or did you forget that? It will never be worth less than $1. Silver can be less worth than $1. Not likely, but can be.
    I've discussed this countless times that one has to factor that in to the price of a ASE...it's always going to be worth at least $1 no matter what, and if you think the Mint and the bigger sellers dont take that into account, then that's very naive of you.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have their people call my people.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of people trying to talk me into buying their silver, it's hard to decide who to buy it from, or even if I want to buy it.

If it was so great, why would they be trying to get rid of it?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>First of all, I wasn't refering to any of MY BST offering, but I have seen 1 oz generic silver on BST where it was so close to being $1.50 over that all it would've taken is to ask the seller and they most likely would've done it if you did a quantity purchase.

So if $4.25 for shipping is a deal breaker for 22 "undesirable" ASE's at $1.60 over Spot ($22.00 is basis point), you are a hypocrite, because it's basically the same as what Silvertowne is offering, and you wont have to wait up to 3 weeks to get the product buying from me like you will with them. Let's see if I get any messages in my inbox. >>

I don't think comparing a new Silvertowne silver bar to a tarnished or colorized ASE is a valid comparison. As you said, they are "undesirable". >>

I would agree they are not to be compared.. That said I'd be all over the ASE's mentioned at $1.60over before the ST Bars... Those ASE's will have a greater return down the road compared to the ST Bars.. No mater what the price of silver does...just my experience talking here..image
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Most of you guys are selling $1000+ at a time. Not everyone has that much to spend......
    Becky
    Most of you guys are selling $1000+ at a time. Not everyone has that much to spend......

Not so, at least I've been purposely offering more affordable Lots. Look back what I said...22 ASE's for $1.60 over Spot, or $520 delivered

But I guess folks who are cash poor to even pay for a Lot worth $520 would whip out the old credit card and purchase $1000 from ST.
    Again, i'll ask, what's the better buy? Paying cash ($520) or buying on credit card ($1000+ because they usually have minimum oreders to be able to GET the good price), even if you do have a 0% card for a defined time period, eventually that runs out too.

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't think comparing a new Silvertowne silver bar to a tarnished or colorized ASE is a valid comparison. As you said, they are "undesirable". >>

I would agree they are not to be compared.. That said I'd be all over the ASE's mentioned at $1.60over before the ST Bars... Those ASE's will have a greater return down the road compared to the ST Bars.. No mater what the price of silver does...just my experience talking here..image >>

Maybe it's just me but I don't like colorized ASE's. $1.60 is certainly a fair price for what they are. They may be a good buy for a flea market vendor though but I doubt a serious silver stacker would be interested in them. I would put them in the same category as war nickels and .400 Kennedy halves. YMMV

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I would agree they are not to be compared.. That said I'd be all over the ASE's mentioned at $1.60over before the ST Bars... Those ASE's will have a greater return down the road compared to the ST Bars.. No mater what the price of silver does...just my experience talking here..image >>

Maybe it's just me but I don't like colorized ASE's. $1.60 is certainly a fair price for what they are. They may be a good buy for a flea market vendor though but I doubt a serious silver stacker would be interested in them. I would put them in the same category as war nickels and .400 Kennedy halves. YMMV >>

I don't disagree on the colored ASE's which I believe was only 5 of the 22 coins sold as a lot... That said. They will still be a better premium than the ST bars down the road...even if dipped/cleaned/run over...I'm a serious Silver stacker... I would certainly not lump that in with war Nickles or 40%.... However if anyone here has ASE's to sell at premiums or discounts that war Nickles or 40% get.. Please contact me... image
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got colorized SAE, got them cheap and consider them generics+. Nothing wrong with them at the right price, still the same silver.
  • Is acetone working on colorized ASE? How long does it take?
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Most of you guys are selling $1000+ at a time. Not everyone has that much to spend...... >>

I would also say even $500 is a lot to spend for some of us. Just sayin'.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is acetone working on colorized ASE? How long does it take? >>

I keep forgetting to do this to see, but I want to say I read someone did it either for a couple hours or overnight maybe and it comes off.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is acetone working on colorized ASE? How long does it take? >>

I keep forgetting to do this to see, but I want to say I read someone did it either for a couple hours or overnight maybe and it comes off. >>

Paint thinner/lacquer remover works great also. Most times you can't even tell they were painted.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    all i want to know is how does it cost $8.50 to ship basically a roll of eagles?
    thats outrageous...

also, u are all a-- holes, so please pm me all u hypocrites, so i can do alot of business here... eyeroll, lol
    keceph `anah
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol ^ lol
    ____/

<< <i>all i want to know is how does it cost $8.50 to ship basically a roll of eagles?
    thats outrageous...

also, u are all a-- holes, so please pm me all u hypocrites, so i can do alot of business here... eyeroll, lol >>

How much does it cost any of your online PM sources to ship a roll of Silver eagles to you?......I'd be willing to wager its more than $8.50.... on another item.. how much to ship you 3 x 1/10th AGE.. roughly the Same dollar value.... I'd really like to know.image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>all i want to know is how does it cost $8.50 to ship basically a roll of eagles?
    thats outrageous... >>

With insurance, costs more than $8.50.

<< <i>also, u are all a-- holes, so please pm me all u hypocrites, so i can do alot of business here... eyeroll, lol >>

All of us? image

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

<< <i>

thats outrageous... >>

<< <i>also, u are all a-- holes, so please pm me all u hypocrites, so i can do alot of business here... eyeroll, lol >>

All of us? image >>

#1 who insures bullion that u ship through?...lol
    #2 all who are potential buyers... lol imageimage
    keceph `anah

<< <i>

<< <i>

thats outrageous... >>

All of us? image >>

#2 all who are potential buyers... lol imageimage >>

HEY RAW>>> Here my question AGAIN to YOU...
    "How much does it cost any of your online PM sources to ship a roll of Silver eagles to you?......I'd be willing to wager its more than $8.50.... on another item.. how much to ship you 3 x 1/10th AGE.. roughly the Same dollar value.... I'd really like to know.
    oh sorry,
    roll eagles (actually up to 5 rolls), $5.15...
    3x 1/10 au , $1.69 + $2 for sig or less for confirmation...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

thats outrageous... >>

All of us? image >>

#2 all who are potential buyers... lol imageimage >>

HEY RAW>>> Here my question AGAIN to YOU...
    "How much does it cost any of your online PM sources to ship a roll of Silver eagles to you?......I'd be willing to wager its more than $8.50.... on another item.. how much to ship you 3 x 1/10th AGE.. roughly the Same dollar value.... I'd really like to know.
    image >>

Current Postal Rate: (roll of 20 or 2 rolls of 20 ASE's)

Via Small Priority Mail flat rate box (box is free)..On line price: $5.15
    Signature Confirmation.........................................................$2.20

Bullion not eligible for insurance............................................$0.00
    Total cost............................................................................$7.35

I've done it several times,
    BTW for your 3 x1/10 oz AGE's, once again bullion not eligible for insurance

1st class Bubble mailer......................................................$1.69
    Signature Confirmation .....................................................$2.20

You do the math....Again, I've done that also numerous times. (First class bubble mailer up to 3 oz ... same price (Del. Conf. included)
    OPA???
    now y u have to lie like that???imageimageimage

metalsman please look up 800# for gamblers...image
    keceph `anah

<< <i>OPA???

metalsman please look up 800# for gamblers...image >>

so again..Which of your online PM sellers charges less than $8.50 or less? And which ONES charge actual postal rates? You are Assuming of course they are all using USPS and not another method.Hmmm. Just like the resident politicians.... skate the question.image

OPA??? you gotta like a hack like RAW behind you huh..image
    everyone i buy from uses those rates...
    however it is obvious the people i buy from, arent the people that u buy from...lol

keceph `anah

<< <i>OPA???

metalsman please look up 800# for gamblers...image >>

Actually all my auctions are free s&h....however, the figures that I quoted are the rates that I paid for similar eBay sales.

Not so sure what language you are using with your posts.image

<< <i>everyone i buy from uses those rates...
    however it is obvious the people i buy from, arent the people that u buy from...lol >>

I'm sure they do when buying at your level.image

Just not any of the online PM dealers you've yet to name. BTW.. my sales on BST are shipping included.. except now I know i can use OPA's chart for sales to you.image

BTW.. please share with all of us here... WHO is EVERYONE you buy from that USES those rates to send you PM's.. I'm sure we could all benefit from that info.
    q]all i want to know is how does it cost $8.50 to ship basically a roll of eagles?
    thats outrageous...

OPA's Chart
    Via Small Priority Mail flat rate box (box is free)..On line price: $5.15
    Signature Confirmation.........................................................$2.20

Bullion not eligible for insurance............................................$0.00
    Total cost............................................................................$7.35

So ASSUMING the seller is using USPS and charging $8.50.....VS $7.35... WOW.. simply OUTRAGEOUS! and if not?

Still no talk of any online PM dealer charging less....unless there is some promotion going.

I bet you are a restaurant servers daily talking point too.image
    Lets talk about what the root of the problem is. eBay has brainwashed buyers into thinking it costs nothing to ship. Now that has spilled over into sites such as this.
    If you mail something of worth and don't insure it and only require sig. Conf., I feel that you are really taking a chance. More often than not, the p.o. Doesn't care and/or won't ask. All you have to say is that it was something that was irreplaceable...THAT is why I insured it, and they will back off and start the investigation to make you whole. As much as some complain about the p.o., they will make you whole, you just have to have a lot of patience.
    But if you did not insure the package, what recourse do you have in the event the contents are damaged, or lost?
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's difficult to respond to you or consider business, maybe because each new avatar is more objectionable than the last. what a silly reason!
    have to end now, my eyes, my eyes!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

It's difficult to respond to you or consider business, maybe because each new avatar is more objectionable than the last. what a silly reason!
    have to end now, my eyes, my eyes!

lol, yeah I'm sure that's why LOL. It's only Zach G. from the Hangover movies being his alter ego, kind of like me when I'm on here image
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i> and you wont have to wait up to 3 weeks to get the product buying from me like you will with them. Let's see if I get any messages in my inbox. >>

Just to be fair to SilverTowne, I placed an order on Friday and it was shipped today.
  • what does APMEX charge to ship a roll of eagles?
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"

<< <i>what does APMEX charge to ship a roll of eagles? >>

$14.95, since now Eagles are $26.20 each.

These are their shipping charges:
    $9.95 (USD) for orders of $50.00 - $499.99 (USD)
    $14.95 (USD) for orders of $500.00 - $4,999.99 (USD)
    Free for orders of $5,000* (USD) and over
    Just to be fair to SilverTowne, I placed an order on Friday and it was shipped today.

I understand the point you're making nibanny, glad that you're getting the service you're paying for. I have heard people on here and ATS complaining about the larger refiners taking up to 3 weeks to mail though, then possibly another 5 days to actually get to you once they mail the package. All I'm saying is, on a bullion deal, time is of the essence because alot can happen in a month. Glad it's working out for you.

<< <i>Just to be fair to SilverTowne, I placed an order on Friday and it was shipped today.

I understand the point you're making nibanny, glad that you're getting the service you're paying for. I have heard people on here and ATS complaining about the larger refiners taking up to 3 weeks to mail though, then possibly another 5 days to actually get to you once they mail the package. All I'm saying is, on a bullion deal, time is of the essence because alot can happen in a month. Glad it's working out for you. >>

POM, I wasn't trying to make any point in particular. You know that I would deal with you any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    I agree that on bullion deals it's best to have your stuff on hand as quick as possible (unless you plan on stacking for a very long time)
    I just wanted to report that SilverTowne has been always great with their process time.
    This is due to the fact that you can only pay via CC, not check, but still the work fast!

Speaking of checks, I noticed that Apmex has the shortest "clearing period" for checks.

• << <i>

<< <i>what does APMEX charge to ship a roll of eagles? >>

$14.95, since now Eagles are $26.20 each.

These are their shipping charges:
    $9.95 (USD) for orders of $50.00 - $499.99 (USD)
    $14.95 (USD) for orders of $500.00 - $4,999.99 (USD)
    Free for orders of $5,000* (USD) and over >>

thanks, good to know their rates, never ordered a lot at once from them. Only small amounts.
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
    APMEX has good customer service and fast delivery but their prices are usually higher that most of the other bullion dealers. One needs to decide if fast delivery is more important than getting the best price. I usually go for the best price since I'm patient and I'll be keeping my purchase for a long time anyway.

• JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>APMEX has good customer service and fast delivery but their prices are usually higher that most of the other bullion dealers. One needs to decide if fast delivery is more important than getting the best price. I usually go for the best price since I'm patient and I'll be keeping my purchase for a long time anyway. >>

Good logic that I generally agree with. What I would add however is that before I make any serious purchase of anything I consider a few other things, like:

- How long have they been in business?
    - Who are the owners? This is important, IMO. If no mention and no bio, why?
    You'd be amazed to know what the owners of some of the newer bullion companies to emerge
    were doing just prior to opening shop as a bullion dealer.
    - How does their BBB look? If they are not a member, why?
    - Does it all just look to good to be true? If it does, it probably is.
    - Do I smell a hard sell? Instant turn off.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646