Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Home Office

Guys, I wanted to share a few photos of my home office project. I'm turning our spare bedroom into an office/manroom and have just started decorating. I began to realize that the folks on this board are the only people I "know" that think it's a cool as I do, so, thanks for looking....

Comments

• Options
    very cool indeed!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Get rid of all that Dodger crap and it'd look a lot better. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Holy crap! Are you the baby that trades stocks that we see on TV?

Cool room :-)
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭
    It looks great. I would just be careful with that UV coming from the window. It would be a shame to realize one day that all your cards or the 44 on the back of your Aaron jersey are faded.

Doug
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Good Stuff Man. That was a major reason I joined this board. Most of my friends just don't understand why I still think this stuff is so cool, and I needed some like-minded individuals to encourage me along the way, and give me advice and ideas. I so enjoy seeing how others display collections or hearing stories about how cards were acquired.

...and you can never have too much Dodger gear.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

<< <i>It looks great. I would just be careful with that UV coming from the window. It would be a shame to realize one day that all your cards or the 44 on the back of your Aaron jersey are faded.

Doug >>

Aaron is hung temporarily until the curtains come in. Should be in a few weeks at the most, but, I now live in Chicago and there won't be any UV for another 7 months. image

Thanks for the tip.
  • Options

<< <i>

...and you can never have too much Dodger gear. >>

This guy gets it, Digicat.
  • Options
    Completely awesome! Love it!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Awesome!!
  • Options
    Thanks for posting! That's pretty badarss!
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Great looking space. Hi-five!
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Really nice display of your favorite cards. I've been thinking about how I almost never pull out my binders of cards and, since that's the case, why do I even collect sets? I enjoy looking at the stuff on my walls a lot more. Nice work. As for UV, you can cover the window with UV blocking film for under $50. Also strongly recommend avoiding fluorescent bulbs and using LEDs if possible. They actually pay for themselves pretty quickly (a lot faster than they even claim on the package).
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It looks great. I would just be careful with that UV coming from the window. It would be a shame to realize one day that all your cards or the 44 on the back of your Aaron jersey are faded.

Doug >>

Aaron is hung temporarily until the curtains come in. Should be in a few weeks at the most, but, I now live in Chicago and there won't be any UV for another 7 months. image

Thanks for the tip. >>

Cool setup. Whereabout are you in the City?

Watch the UV...it is prevalent even in the winter time. Has nothing to do with the temperature. Because of the sun's angle in the sky, I actually get more light in my den in the winter than the summer.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Doug >>

Thanks for the tip. >>

Cool setup. Whereabout are you in the City?

Watch the UV...it is prevalent even in the winter time. Has nothing to do with the temperature. Because of the sun's angle in the sky, I actually get more light in my den in the winter than the summer. >>

I'm stranded in the Burbs...Wheaton area. I get what you're saying about the UV, since I work in Solar Energy you'd think I'd be smart enough to figure it out...but alas, no.

• Options

<< <i>Really nice display of your favorite cards. I've been thinking about how I almost never pull out my binders of cards and, since that's the case, why do I even collect sets? I enjoy looking at the stuff on my walls a lot more. Nice work. As for UV, you can cover the window with UV blocking film for under $50. Also strongly recommend avoiding fluorescent bulbs and using LEDs if possible. They actually pay for themselves pretty quickly (a lot faster than they even claim on the package). >>

We've got a ton of good LED bulbs, but I haven't gone through the house yet to swap out the florescent bulbs. Good remind though, thanks.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Very nice room, especially the card wall displays. I love mancave pics!!
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Awesome job and thank you for sharing.

The only advice I would give is to buy a horizontal display for the cards such as your 56 Topps. I have found that cards in a standard top holder will also fit vertically in the Pennzoni horizontal display. I think the consistency will make it a more pleasant viewing experience.
    Hook'em
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thanks for showing us your "cave". Looks real nice. Keep showing us as you add to it.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Love it! Especially the dodgers stuff.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Great room!!! Can see you put a lot of time into it. I live in Naperville...pm me if you are looking for anything in particular as my collection has a big variety and very reasonable on price or trade. Again, so cool!!!
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd