Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Obvious shilling? Collectors demolish shillers! 1975 Topps Mini Yount rookie PSA 9 = 1875.00!

2»

Comments

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    So anyone here take in this beauty? I made a run, but did not see it hitting this price. Great for the market and great for the mini guys!
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options

<< <i>So anyone here take in this beauty? I made a run, but did not see it hitting this price. Great for the market and great for the mini guys! >>

Agreed! That was an incredible price, however, the buyer probably got a huge steal if he can turn it into a 10. I was going after the Ryan HL #5 in a PSA 9 and bid 444 which was 200.00 over the VCP - but that card blew out at over 545! These are incredibly strong prices - and it has been going on all year for these cards. Congrats to the winner
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So anyone here take in this beauty? I made a run, but did not see it hitting this price. Great for the market and great for the mini guys! >>

Agreed! That was an incredible price, however, the buyer probably got a huge steal if he can turn it into a 10. I was going after the Ryan HL #5 in a PSA 9 and bid 444 which was 200.00 over the VCP - but that card blew out at over 545! These are incredibly strong prices - and it has been going on all year for these cards. Congrats to the winner >>

Yup I was on that and the Gibson HL as well. You gotta believe that Yount has already been reviewed at least once...
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What on earth are you talking about with "strategy"? If an item starts at $.99 and I am willing to pay $75 for it,
    I can put in $75 right now and it still shows up as me being the top bidder at $.99. >>

You are right about that, but putting in your bid early gives the other bidders time to think about their bids and bid more times, thus increasing what you end up paying.

Why do you think some of these .99 starting auctions go so high? My opinion is, once someone has placed a bid, especially if he/she is high bidder, they seem to be more apt to get angry when they are out bid and then bid higher than they normally would. That's just my opinion.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    At the end of the day, great cards sell for great prices. Everyone always declares "buy the card not the flip" well here you go...
    Not sold by PWCC or Probstein, obviously shilled by interested parties early on - but at the end of the day - the person who wanted it most got it at a price he was willing to pay
    Minis are HOT!
    Ryan HL #5 PSA 9 just sold for over 2x VCP 545ish
    Brett rookie PSA 10 over 13K now at Heritage with days remaining
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    The Rice 10 over 7k is really impressive to me. Brett you expect, but Rice has been showing some life recently.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>The Rice 10 over 7k is really impressive to me. Brett you expect, but Rice has been showing some life recently. >>

UGH! Don't remind me - I am on radio silence on this one image
  • Options
    post removed