Home Sports Talk

What's Wrong With Tom Brady?

Any Patriot fans out there want to weigh in? Are we seeing the inevitable decline of this once-great QB? Or has the lack of anything resembling competent receivers finally caught up to the Patriots? He was 13/22 today for 116 yards. He's 18th in the league in yards per game at 228, 29th in completion percentage at 55.4%, has just 8 TDs vs 5 INTs, and is 26th in QB rating.

He just turned 36. Is this the end, or does he have more left in the tank?

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few things

#1-Bill Belichek & Bob Kraft

They refuse to get him the players he needs to keep the offense in high gear, I mean basically they give him 2 rookie wideouts and a guy who simply cannot stay healthy because he is made of glass ( Amendola ) and let his safety blanket sign elsewhere ( Welker )

#2- I think his age is a factor but if given enough talent I still think he could play at a high level.

Bottom line its been a great run with the Pats, Im not sure there will ever be another one like it in Foxboro again

• I really don't understand front offices that have elite players yet fail to surround them with key support. Tom Brady and his WRs and Adrian Peterson and his O-line are two that stand out to me. They are your key to success, why not build around the crucial parts of their skill set?
  • Both Brady and Manning are probably not going to play much longer.
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    There has been zero continuity with the offense all season. Between the rookie WR's dropping balls and running bad routes, the Gronk/Amendola injuries, and an offensive line that suddenly can't block (23 sacks in 8 games), Brady has no idea what to expect week-to-week. That said, he has also thrown a bunch of lousy passes this year too. Accuracy has always been a huge part of his game, and it hasn't been there at times this year. There are reports about something wrong with his hand, and maybe that has something to do with it, who knows.

Bottom line, I don't think we are seeing the decline of Brady, its a decline of the Patriots. I'm not giving him a pass, but if we are dividing the "blame pie", I'd say Brady is 20% of the problem.

Also, as Manning's offensive line has started to crumble, his turnovers are starting to increase. The difference is, Manning's skill position guys are light years ahead of Brady's, so their offense still does well.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    He has slipped a small bit.......; but the team's overall talent pool is small.
  • I haven't actually looked at the stats, but every game I have watched it seems Brady is hitting his receivers in the chest and no one can catch a pass. Don't really think he is in too much decline. He just has too many butterfingers on his team.
  • 1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Another interesting stat:

He's just 6-37 in passes of over 20 yards. Just 16%. He over 32% in the same stat last year.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe Giselle is wearing him out? Poor guy.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    The same thing that is right with Manning...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>maybe Giselle is wearing him out? Poor guy. >>

Ever since he hooked up with her the Pats cant win the big game image
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see him throwing to Dez and crew!

Wanna trade!