Home Precious Metals
Options

Respected silver bar?

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong forum.

What are some of the most respected producers of silver bars?

thank you for the help!

Comments

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Engelhard & J&M to start... image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Define "respected" with regards to the question in the first post, not the title, as they 2 different questions.

Do you mean, reliability in the time they say they will ship? What forms of payment they accept and what their shipping fees are? I could go on but I hope you get the idea, the question is too broad to simply reply and say...this company is the most "respected."

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OPM, Silvertowne, Engelhard, J-M, MPM, RCM, NTR, APMEX, Provident, etc are all well accepted in the marketplace as silver bullion. Check the web sites of the major bullion dealers and you will see dozens of brands that they make two way markets in.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OPM, Silvertowne, Engelhard, J-M, MPM, RCM, NTR, APMEX, Provident, etc are all well accepted in the marketplace as silver bullion. Check the web sites of the major bullion dealers and you will see dozens of brands that they make two way markets in. >>

The above are just a partial list of most recognizable bars for the US market.

For world wide respected bars, I would add:

PAMP, Credit Suisse & Degussa to the list
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royal Canadian Mint, Perth Mint

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    thank you for the help!!
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    IMO I'd consider silver bullion bars along these lines:

Engelhard > JM > Sunshine Mint, RCM, NTR > Silvertown, APMEX and other website dealer names
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a big 'ol thread about this a few years back. Some really good information/opinions in it.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame