Home Metal Detecting
Options

LM2E Contest: guess the date on the first coin I will dig in England on November 2nd

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
Pick a year, any year. And post it on the Darkside thread.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
    posted! Hoping your first coin is hammered! Be sure you have plenty of batteries... I hear you guys will be out detecting probably 10 hours a day.
  • Options
    PS- I decided to try a parallel contest on YouTube.

With a separate prize. By all means, enter that one too, if you like.

Then subscribe to my channel if you wish, and stay tuned for the contest results and the England dig videos next month!

<< <i>Hoping your first coin is hammered! Be sure you have plenty of batteries... I hear you guys will be out detecting probably 10 hours a day. >>

A "hammie" sure would be nice! Yeah, I have heard some days are as long as 11 hours. Gotta tell you, in my current (morbidly obese) condition, five or six hours about does me in. A whole week of eight- to eleven-hour days is going to be a major physical challenge, not to mention the cold, wet, and muddy conditions I'm sure to encounter.

But when I start diggin' hammered silver and stuff that's older than the few colonials I've dug over here, I imagine a lot of the aches and pains will be forgotten.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great.... wishing you the best of luck LordM.... will be with you in spirit... have a great time. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have a good time and check in with us
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    A gold coin, with a hole in it... right there on the surface too!
    Oh wait..

I guessed 1648.

Bags packed yet? image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options

<< <i>A gold coin, with a hole in it... right there on the surface too!
    Oh wait..

I guessed 1648.

Bags packed yet? image >>

ROFL

Always fun to see some of the classic VTH cartoons again! imageimage

Today I pack. Tomorrow I fly!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We wish you a safe and adventurous journey LordM..... keep us posted... Cheers, RickO