Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official 2013 BBCE PSA Group Break #5..........WE ARE SOLD OUT. PAYMENTS BEGIN TOMORROW.

Comments

• lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Mark, no problem whatsoever. Give your mind and body the rest. Sorry to hear about your accident. Those additional items are certainly worth the wait. Tom
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mark ... so sorry to hear about the accident. Glad that you were not hurt (and hopefully the other guy was not). Don't friggin worry about this thread ... when you get to it you get to it. Now go suck down a couple of cold ones, toss down a shooter and go to bed. Hopefully you will feel better in the morning. Please let us know how things are going.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. It's funny, you take a lot of things for granted but that 1 second when you have to make a decision and brace for impact, it really messes with your mind. I am OK, just a little sore. My truck doesn't have much damage even though I hit him at about 40 mph. I was very surprised with that. I probably will find out in a couple of days if he is really hurt or just going to try and "cash in". He seemed up front as a "honest guy" but who knows. I appreciate everyone's understanding.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • 1957Braves1957Braves Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    Take care Mark. Thanks for putting this together.

While we are waiting, would anyone mind walking me through the payment process? This was the first time I've been part of a group rip. When do we sent the payment to Steve? How do we know our exact total, with shipping? What information do we need to give Steve and do we need to post anything on this thread after we've made payment? I appreciate everyone that has taken the time to help me out.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark, I'm very sorry to hear about this but am glad you're ok...take as much time as you need to get your affairs in order. We can wait on the rip till then. Be well, my friend.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Cory1976Cory1976 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mark glad to hear you are OK and hopefully the other driver is as well. Don't sweat it the ripping can wait.
    Cory image
  • Take care of yourself. Things here can wait.
  • So sorry to hear about that Mark. Just be thankful that while there are bangs and bruises there is no permanant damage with anybody. My 18 yr. old daughter was rear-ended just the other day by an uninsured motorist that was driving a F-150. Thank God everyone was OK. He hit her so hard that her trunk and tail lights pretty much ended up in the back seat. The worst thing about it isn't the car, it's that emotionally it shook her up pretty good. She's a young, already fearful driver so that probably wasn't the best thing for her to go through confidence-wise.

BTW here's a tip for the future: While driving stick to only opening wax packs. Sure, the thrill of pulling a gem out of a rack is VERY tempting....but they're just a bit tougher than the wax to open and while it's fun it just isn't safe to do that while driving. image
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>BTW here's a tip for the future: While driving stick to only opening wax packs. Sure, the thrill of pulling a gem out of a rack is VERY tempting....but they're just a bit tougher than the wax to open and while it's fun it just isn't safe to do that while driving. image >>

Uh-Oh ... Looks like a new law may be hitting the books:

DRIVING WHILE RIPPING!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

I will take 2x 1980 Topps Football wax pack & 2x 1984 Donruss Baseball wax pack (all that is left)....

<< <i>If you need me to finishish off the last 6 happy to do it >>

Let others get a chance.....
  • Mark, Hope you are ok.

Mark
    MARK AGGSON
    Collecting Pete Rose Cello Packs
    Pete Rose Master set ranking #4(Retired)
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Take your time Mark, hope there is no permanent damage. Thanks for all you do to get these things going. God bless...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Hey Mark, as everyone mentioned, I am sorry to hear that. Glad you are ok and hopefully the other person is too. It is very possible for the other person to start feeling injuries after the crash. My cousin recently got into an accident as well and her arm started hurting about 15 min after the crash. She got an arm brace and eventually saw a doctor just to be safe. It was one of those things that eventually just had to heal on its own. It doesnt mean that they are scamming but we here about stories like that all the time were people try to squeeze everything they can out of insurance companies. Hopefully that is not the case with the other person. Take care of yourself first. All this can wait.
  • Mark,
    So glad to hear that you came through this in good condition. As for the other guy, that's why you have insurance. If you can walk away from this the rest will work out. Vehicles are easily replaced. On the other hand, BBCE boxes from a sealed case are a whole different ball of wax or should I say box of wax!
    Be good buddy!
    Doug
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    morning MArk--sorry about the MVA. They do happen. If you need any legal advice -- LMK

Could've been worse driving that truck at that speed. Like others said-that's what insurance is for
  • CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Mark glad to hear you're ok.

My daughter was in an accident going about 40-45 mph a few weeks ago. She hit a Peter Dump Truck that had just pulled back on a
    pitch black road without turning his lights back on. Both airbags deployed, her car was a totaled mess. I drove up to the scene, saw
    her car and thought this is not going to be good. They rushed her to the hospital from the scene so I didn't know the extent of her injuries.

Everyone was amazed that she was unhurt at the hospital. She had burns on both arms and her cheek & nose from the airbags, her
    knees and chest were bruised but she said she felt fine and 3 hours after the crash we took her home. Doctors said she was still probably
    on an adrenaline rush.

The next day she was so sore she could barely move. She stayed like that for about 4 days. No real injuries but all bruised and sore. If you
    felt like the other driver was honest at the accident, he may just be feeling it a day later. The doctors told us that a day or 2 after the accident
    is when you start to feel things. I hope this turns out ok for you. Lets hope the guy is honest and just sore the day after.

Thanks again for organizing this.
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Mark,

Hope you feel better after the accident and glad you are ok.

Tony
  • Mark sorry to hear about what happened. Hope everything turns out well.

<< <i>Mark sorry to hear about what happened. Hope everything turns out well. >>

+1,000
  • initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Whoa! Relief to hear you are alright Mark

Ship happens and hopefully a few days shakes it off for ya, you are lucky man

Take a break sir

Thanks guys. Your right, being healthy is more important than the truck. I guess I was implying the guy was faking an injury but your correct, he may have felt some pain afterwards. It just seemed odd to me. Plus in the world we live in today, it seems people just sue people for any chance to grab some cash. I really hope he is OK.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Mark
    Hope you are feeling ok and glad you walked away. Take your time and rest.

If there is any justice in this world the guy will turn out to be a pack resealer and you crushed a horde of pack fresh 70's pack gum in his trunk.

Get some rest.
  • MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    My best to you, Mark. I hope everything turns out ok.

Matt
  • ssollarsssollars Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the accident, glad you're OK

Scott
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear you're okay! image
  • maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your accident Mark, good to hear that you are alright. As far as the other driver is concerned, luckily he did not have any serious injuries and any minor injuries will be handled by your insurance company. They have a large law team that will handle every detail and your policy will surely cover any claim. Your personal assets are safe as it would take a monumental loss for them to be able to reach that, so no worries as your 1987 Topps Wax Boxes are safe!
  • jjwormjjworm Posts: 196 ✭✭
    Given Mark's terrible accident, I was unsure if we were still on for the 9:00pm EST 24 hour (actually 72) rule as he had posted yesterday, but I wanted to post anyways just in case.

I would like an additional two (2) wax packs of 1975 Topps mini's

Thanks Mark for all you do and I know you'll get through the accident just fine.

Collecting:

- Post War baseball HOF RC's
    - 1980's unopened baseball
    - All Mutoscope and American Beauties

• bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Given Mark's terrible accident, I was unsure if we were still on for the 9:00pm EST 24 hour (actually 72) rule as he had posted yesterday, but I wanted to post anyways just in case.

I would like an additional two (2) wax packs of 1975 Topps mini's

Thanks Mark for all you do and I know you'll get through the accident just fine. >>

Mark will announce it later. Please don't start fake reservations. I did it last time when I was unclear and people weren't happy.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
    You guys are not going to believe this.................I have been stuck in a wreck for the last 2 hours. Fortunately it wasn't me in the wreck. Anyways, I literally just got home and if it's OK with everyone, can I postpone AGAIN until tomorrow night. God willing, I will be able to have everything updated and ready to go at 9:00 pm EST.

I really apologize for the last two days. I know everyone is chomping at the bit to reserve more stuff. I promise I will get everyone who missed on the 2nd boxes/cases taken care of before I post.

Two things:

-You busted me. I was ripping packs of 80 Topps. I hit the Rickey when I plowed into the guy in front of me. Damn card was O/C though. image
    -Maddux - I am sitting on $1M worth of 89 Topps, not 87 Topps......LOL.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524

<< <i>I would like an additional two (2) wax packs of 1975 Topps mini's >>

AGREED!~!!!! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee let others get a chance.....a lot of us haven't even gotten first crack yet, much less time for seconds.
  • initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    I see some 81 Topps Baseball wax and cello boxes on BBCE

Any interest in adding these to this monster rip???
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is interested I would like to give up my place on a couple of items:

1989 Upper Deck Box

and

1982 Football Rack Pack

As of now I don't believe there are any people wait listed after the slots that are already filled. If anyone wants these spots then just reply to thread and hopefully Mark can make note when he is up for it. If no one wants to take my place then I will keep the items on my list. Thanks,

Steve
    slum22

Mark--as others have already said, best wishes to you. I hope you feel better and hopefully the other party in the accident gets better too. Thanks again for all you do on these breaks.
    Steve

• << <i>If anyone is interested I would like to give up my place on a couple of items:

1989 Upper Deck Box

and

1982 Football Rack Pack

As of now I don't believe there are any people wait listed after the slots that are already filled. If anyone wants these spots then just reply to thread and hopefully Mark can make note when he is up for it. If no one wants to take my place then I will keep the items on my list. Thanks,

Steve
    slum22

Mark--as others have already said, best wishes to you. I hope you feel better and hopefully the other party in the accident gets better too. Thanks again for all you do on these breaks. >>

I will take the 82 rack if available.
    Guys,

I have updated list with the new boxes and added everybody that missed out on the 75 minis, 87 donruss and 84 fb wax.

Also, sorry for the 2 day delay.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • 1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    ty mark
  • Can I get 2 mini wax

Mike
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Back Mark. I will take 2 packs of the 78/79 basketball
  • I'll take 2 more of each:

84 Donruss Baseball Wax
    80 Topps Football Wax

Thanks.
  • 1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    if I can I would like 2 more mini packs and 2 more 1984 topps football wax packs
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take two more mini packs Mark. Thanks!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add the following, thanks Mark!
    (1)87 donruss wax box
    (2)93 bb finest
    99 UD Signature
  • Also 2 84 fb wax.

Thanks
  • jjwormjjworm Posts: 196 ✭✭
    2 minis for me

Collecting:

- Post War baseball HOF RC's
    - 1980's unopened baseball
    - All Mutoscope and American Beauties

• I'll take a 1990 Topps baseball box.
    Thanks!
  • I'll take

1- 1999 UD SP Signature Edition Baseball
    1- 1990 Topps Baseball Wax Box
    1- 1993 Topps Finest Baseball Wax
    1- 1984 Topps Football Wax

Thank you!!!
  • I'd like one mini wax and 2 basketball wax please. Thanks
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    If I am allowed, I will also take two more minis.

aconte
  • I will also take:

(1) 90 Topps Baseball box

If the 48 hour rule applies to the added boxes, I will take the following additions:

(1) more 87 Donruss BB Box
    (2) more 84 Topps FB Packs

Thanks,

Dave
  • I'd also like:

1- 1999 UD SP Signature Edition Baseball
    1- 1990 Topps Baseball Wax Box
    1- 1993 Topps Finest Baseball Wax
    1- 1987 Donruss Wax Box

Thanks
  • If I'm allowed, I would also take 2 more 84 topps football wax.