Home Precious Metals
Options

Links to forecast for silver supply and consumption?

Anybody seen some good articles on projected silver supply and consumption over the next five years or so?
I know that consumption is supposed to out pace supply (from mining and recycle).
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody seen some good articles on projected silver supply and consumption over the next five years or so?
    I know that consumption is supposed to out pace supply (from mining and recycle).
    Thanks in advance. >>

You'll find all sorts of totals, depending on who is reporting them and I suspect no one really has an accurate reading...BTW, I've heard that same song regarding "consumption outpacing productions" for the last 2 years and it did not have an affect on consumption. I'm beginning to believe that there is a variable that is not taken into account when those figures are posted. Based on the current price of silver, there appears to be more than enough available, to meet existing and foreseeable future demands. Most likely, the conspiracy advocates will disagree with my assessment, and chime in with some sort of market manipulation theory.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New supplies from the ground will continue to decrease due to falling prices yet fixed costs.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>New supplies from the ground will continue to decrease due to falling prices yet fixed costs. >>

Many gold/silver mining companies have announced INCREASES in gold/silver production over the last year as prices have dropped.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>New supplies from the ground will continue to decrease due to falling prices yet fixed costs. >>

Many gold/silver mining companies have announced INCREASES in gold/silver production over the last year as prices have dropped. >>

I think we need to wait to see the information in 2014 to really see the affect 2013 has had.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.