Home Metal Detecting
Options

Oct 12, 2013: 3 Silvers, 2 V ickels, Buff, 10 wheats

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
Got out yesterday to a couple new places. First place had lots of new drops - coins, pull tabs etc. Had to cherrypick. 2nd place was slow going but the potential for older stuff was there. 2nd place only yielded the 1882 IHC and small buckle (no idea of age), the rest was found at the first stop.

1882 IHC
3 Mercs
2 V nickels
1920 Buffalo
10 wheat cents

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great finds.... you have located some very productive sites.... I am sure there is much more to come... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 mercuries, you did real good on the hunt (all included)
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Nice finds!

We got soaking rains last week and I was finally able to get out on Sunday for about an hour. I went to a local park/ballfield. Mostly just found junk. Only keepers were two clad dimes and a Lincoln. I was searching in front of the baseball backstop and three different targets turned up an L-shaped, rubber-coated piece of what looked like heavy-gauge wire. Then I realized they must have been scraps from when the backstop and chain-link fence were installed, because they matched that material and the fencing does not look too old. At least the ground was nice and soft for digging.