Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mile High Auction = Mile High prices WOW!

Here are a few auctions I was going after:

1967 Mantle PSA 10 = 57,700 wow...

Okay I wasn't in that zip code, but I thought I would be in the ballpark to win these: Not a chance!

1972 #1 Pirates Champs PSA 10 = 3203.00 (I was thinking 1K)
1972 #299 Aaron PSA 10 = 17357.00 (I set aside 7K thinking that would be good enough image)
1972 #309 Clemente PSA 10 = 4.9 K (there were a couple on ebay bin around 1.5K a few years back)
1971 Topps Vending box = 10K

All before the 20% juice.
I'm still picking myself up off the floor on some of these
These are HAMMER prices. Congrats to the winners
75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!

Comments

• I know. That's precisely why I am going into the business...literally. This has been a continuing trend/theme over the past few years and I want a piece of that. If people are going to throw money around like that, I want to be a part of it.
    It never leaves you...
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Are you going to open up your own auction house Raulmaster?
  • scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    I was very happy to get this card, at a great price IMO....

• packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    seems like it is 2007 all over again. wherever you look and whatever you look at realized prices are going for 150% - 1000% of what they were going for 6 months ago. I hope the economy really is as good as card buyers are making it look!

• << <i>Are you going to open up your own auction house Raulmaster? >>

Definately. Takes a year to get a license here in Ohio but I'm signed up!
    It never leaves you...
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭
    The listing for 9000 Honus Wagner T-206 reprints made me wonder what one plans on doing with 9000 Honus Wagner T-206 reprints.

link

• << <i>

<< <i>Are you going to open up your own auction house Raulmaster? >>

Definately. Takes a year to get a license here in Ohio but I'm signed up! >>

You don't need a license to run an online auction house.
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>what one plans on doing with 9000 Honus Wagner T-206 reprints >>

probably throw the case into a pond for a month or so then magically find 9000 honus wagners in your grandfathers attic
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The listing for 9000 Honus Wagner T-206 reprints made me wonder what one plans on doing with 9000 Honus Wagner T-206 reprints. >>

List them on eBay for the next 30 years at a buck apiece plus shipping, make 20x profit?
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    At a nickle each, i think it's a great giveaway for a dealer at a large show, such as The National.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    One interesting note is that the 1972 Aaron is actually a pop 2 (listed as a pop 1). The owner of the other 10 noted this to Mile High, but I don't believe they ever updated the description.

The $13K (with juice) for the 1971 Topps vending box was pretty strong. I was thinking around $10K with juice, given that vending typically sells for about 1/2 or less of what wax/cello boxes command.

I missed out on a 1976 Topps wax box (again) at the H&S auction. Underbidder (again). The winning bidder was smart. He took his bid up another level to the maximum I was willing to go, meaning I'd have to go 12% higher to make it work. Couldn't do it.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Markets getting flooded....a case of those Wagners sold for over $2k a couple years ago with Huggins and Scott

Didn't win anything last night from either place.