Home U.S. Coin Forum

CRO handles the Most Spectacular "End of...

.......PAIN" Conder Token

England's arch enemy with a pen. It is definitely the nicest example I have ever seen.

End of Pain Token

D&H-834 Variety

MS66 RB [PCGS Edge View]

NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac

Comments

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is definitely the nicest example I have ever seen. >>

It was even prettier in hand... Which should have made writing the check for the new custodian quite PAINless image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    I would love to have such an example. Here is my EOP token albeit a different reverse with the massive planchet flaw and a much lower price. I paid $150 for this one raw. I would love to have a set of all the different varieties. Congrats to whomever the new owner is!

GMan
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is a nice token. i was looking at that fugio cent xf 45 that the have for sale there as well.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice specimen..... Cheers, RickO

• I love the reverse on this piece. And have tried to come up with words to describe it " hard baked on original glazed surfaces" come to mind but that just don't sound particularly fitting and it doesn't describe the color variations at all.

Can you give a few suggestions as how they might describe the extremely nice overall look the reverse has.

<< <i>
    image >>

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beautiful
    Frank

BHNC #203

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. This is one beautiful piece. So, you buy it?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I love the reverse on this piece. And have tried to come up with words to describe it " hard baked on original glazed surfaces" come to mind but that just don't sound particularly fitting and it doesn't describe the color variations at all.

Can you give a few suggestions as how they might describe the extremely nice overall look the reverse has.

<< <i>
    image >>

>>

A very early razor sharp die stage struck on a flawless planchet.

Graced with lovely traces of mint red abound and gorgeous two hundred and twenty year old patina.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great piece! I should have bought it. I'm pretty sure I could have rationalized how it could have fit into the collection I'm currently building!

• << <i>

<< <i>I love the reverse on this piece. And have tried to come up with words to describe it " hard baked on original glazed surfaces" come to mind but that just don't sound particularly fitting and it doesn't describe the color variations at all.

<< <i>
    image >>

>>

A very early razor sharp die stage struck on a flawless planchet.

Graced with lovely traces of mint red abound and gorgeous two hundred and twenty year old patina. >>

I really like the "razor sharp die stage" I hadn't thought of that descriptor, but that is spot on.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great piece! I should have bought it. I'm pretty sure I could have rationalized how it could have fit into the collection I'm currently building! >>

You do that Too?

Whaddya know? image
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy the token, not the rationality!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • TrimeTrime Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭
    The tolen was sold/bought according to web site.
    Trime

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file