Home U.S. Coin Forum

CN Long Beach Show Report

This is my first show report, so I promise I will get better. Hopefully I don't offend anyone or get in any trouble image . I will make sure to take more pictures next time!

Long Beach is our biggest show on the West Coast and we excited to be in attendance once again. The show was not as busy on Thursday as expected, though traffic picked up Friday and Saturday. Many dealers said the show was mainly wholesale and for us it was the same. We were able to buy some very nice coins after selling some of our older inventory. One of the coins we bought was an 1877 25c in PCGS MS 64+ with some nice blue toning and a nice frost on the portrait. Also from the same seller we bought a very nice 1887 10c in NGC MS 66 CAC with colorful toning as well. There seemed to be some nice quality coins for dealers available and large auctions to help dealers have some nice new pieces.

The Ship of Gold attraction was great, as many people mentioned already. Although I only spent a short time there, it looked very well put together and bought some excitement to the show. The ANA road show was nice to have, though the 1804 Dollars never look very impressive just sitting in the box, but were great to have none the less. The Bank Notes of California I thought were a nice touch for the show, especially being from California. I am glad PCGS was able to book nice attractions, as it was always great to see amazing coins/notes and learn a thing or two.

I have heard positive things about the show from dealers and have to say I agree. The show seems to be getting better and better. Thanks PCGS for another wonderful show!

Our NEWP stack (only picture I took)

Numismatist @WitterCoin

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file