Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

I've passed a benchmark :-/

Out of respect for my forumite brethren and their apparent concerns regarding the topic of this thread, I have deleted the OP. But if they choose to continue discussing through the use of vague references, etc. then I am happy to oblige and further the conversation.
ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Comments

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the benchmark. Is that US coins? Otherwise I do not understand how PCGS put a price on world coins, even if graded.

What is the value of your private collection? not counting bullion

Do you really expect us to share that info in public? image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I do not understand how PCGS put a price on world coins >>

When I add NEWPs to the "inventory" I input the market value at that time. This number has come from various sources. Sometimes it's the price I paid but most often it's comps from other auctions or it's "book value" from whatever catalog is prominent in the country of origin. If none exists I use Krause with a grain of salt. I also input date of purchase and origin, country name, and mintage if it's under 5k. Photos whenever possible. All this info gets drawn upon at some point or another so it's worth a moment of time to input.

Do you really expect us to share that info in public? image >>

LOL, why not? we talk about everything else. How many posts about a NEWP with link to auction hammer? How many photos of NEWPs that are "rare" or "low mintage" and we all know the market value whether you post it or not? How many BST posts where the price is plainly displayed?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats on the benchmark. Is that US coins? Otherwise I do not understand how PCGS put a price on world coins, even if graded.

What is the value of your private collection? not counting bullion

Do you really expect us to share that info in public? image >>

by commonly accepted numismatic standards? worthless. by my private standards? priceless.
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited because I hadn't seen that the OP was edited as well
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3