Home Precious Metals

7 oz. Silver Bullet Bullion™ - 12 Gauge - NWT

From the NWT mint. 12 gauge silver shell:

linky
COA

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting but a little too gimmicky for my tastes.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the High Relief $20, it "won't stack!"
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

<< <i>Like the High Relief $20, it "won't stack!" >>

You can fit 25 in an shotgun shell box nicely.image

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Could be hard to resell?
    COA
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, but not for stacking - just a curio. Should be available on ebay at some point... cheaper. Cheers, RickO

<< <i>Interesting, but not for stacking - just a curio. Should be available on ebay at some point... cheaper. Cheers, RickO >>

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Silver bullion on eBay seems to bring high prices that sometimes leaves me scratching my head.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only $28.66 an ounce, delivered, just a 30.8% premium to current spot price of $21.91.

I do agree with the ad that this would make an excellent prize in a shotgun shooting competition

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Go for the 50 cal!!!

BMG

It's a nice "round" 10oz
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the other pieces. The real deal has a metal casing and a metal bullet which is mimic'd well in .999 silver.

But real shot shells don't look or feel like an all-metal object.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Interesting but a little too gimmicky for my tastes

Exactly, I just don't get what the appeal is, same goes for Duck Dynasty...what is the freakin appeal of that show and it's like the highest rated show on now. I'm fasinated at what people like sometimes.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

• << <i>Interesting but a little too gimmicky for my tastes

Exactly, I just don't get what the appeal is, same goes for Duck Dynasty...what is the freakin appeal of that show and it's like the highest rated show on now. I'm fasinated at what people like sometimes. >>

This comment seems OT as it is not PM related image

FWIW I like that show. How can you not like dumb rednecks with guns and killer toys!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • element159element159 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭
    What about a shotgun shell where the pellets were silver? Would silver make good bullets? Maybe it would, it wouldn't surprise me that much. For vampires and maybe zombies. Obviously a lot more expensive, but also maybe a nice award for a shooting contest.
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    FWIW I like that show. How can you not like dumb rednecks with guns and killer toys!

This comment seems OT as it is not PM related image I've got all day.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Go for the 50 cal!!!

BMG

It's a nice "round" 10oz >>

Note that they do not give the finished weight of the piece, only "Material: 10 oz .999 Silver" and "Lathed from 10 oz. of solid .999-fine silver." Very good chance the the round does not weigh 10 ozs.

Like Uncle Si says, "Things ain't always what they seem." image

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• << <i>

BMG

Note that they do not give the finished weight of the piece, only "Material: 10 oz .999 Silver" and "Lathed from 10 oz. of solid .999-fine silver." Very good chance the the round does not weigh 10 ozs.

Like Uncle Si says, "Things ain't always what they seem." image >>

Yes, there appears to be very careful wording differences between the two ads.
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    No thanks.

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Note that they do not give the finished weight of the piece, only "Material: 10 oz .999 Silver" and "Lathed from 10 oz. of solid .999-fine silver." Very good chance the the round does not weigh 10 ozs.

I have several of these .....

The .45 is 1 tr.oz.

The .50BMG is 10 tr.oz

The 20mm is 25 tr.oz.

I also will pass on the .22 1/4 tr.oz. , 9mm 5/8 tr.oz and the 12 ga.

Keep on Stack'n!!
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Note that they do not give the finished weight of the piece, only "Material: 10 oz .999 Silver" and "Lathed from 10 oz. of solid .999-fine silver." Very good chance the the round does not weigh 10 ozs. >>

<< <i>The .50BMG is 10 tr.oz >>

Poor marketing, they should clearly say so.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>What about a shotgun shell where the pellets were silver? Would silver make good bullets? Maybe it would, it wouldn't surprise me that much. For vampires and maybe zombies. Obviously a lot more expensive, but also maybe a nice award for a shooting contest. >>

I use to carry a 180 grain “silver tip" for my 30:06 while hunting in case I ran into a werewolf!!

<< <i>

BMG

Like Uncle Si says, "Things ain't always what they seem." image >>

Ah but the bottom of the cartridge states 10oz .999 silver. So, I would say it is as close to 10oz as a 10oz bar.
    In the very big world of gun owners and shooting enthusiasts there are many that also stack PM's. This product is aimed at this market. I can certainly understand that people who fear and don't understand guns will have no interest in this product.