Home Metal Detecting
Options

First Hunt

bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
Always wanted a metal detector, my wife recently bought me one for my birthday. She purchased a X-Terra 305. Today I decided to go on my first hunt in my back yard, I live in Connecticut. First target turned out to be a piece of aluminum siding. I was happy just to be out looking around, the next target turning out to be a skeleton key (I would like to post a photo but do not know how). After finding a few more nails and screws I decided it was a good start to learning how to use my MD.

-Bob
Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres a metal detector club in ct marty. its www.yankeeterritorycoinshooters. com. that might be a help for ya. pm me if you would like, best regards
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats on your first hunt! You might want to check out Youtube to see if there are any of your detector in action. Might be good pointers on there. Congrats on a skeleton key! Those are neat to find. A lot of people around here upload photos to Photobucket.com, then post from there. Once you upload to photobucket, there will be a link next to "IMG" paste that into here. I probably missed something, but that's the basics. Looking forward to your finds!
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Congrats and welcome to the club! I started MDing with a Radio Shack special. Would've loved to begin on an X-Terra. Enjoy your new hardware
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations and welcome to the obsession.....first hunts are always fun.... Cheers, RickO