Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Atlas Numismatics open for business

Hi forum members-

We are up and running as planned! Please feel free to message me with any questions.

James

After twelve years of running the world coin department for Northeast Numismatics,
James Ricks has launched a new company, Atlas Numismatics.

Mr. Ricks has acted as a consultant to both collectors and dealers and keeps an
active international travel schedule in search of new material. Atlas maintains
an inventory of rare and high quality coins, primarily world issues from the
Renaissance to modern times, with occasional selections of ancient, early
medieval, and United States coinage. Interesting and choice issues in medallic
art are also available.

Atlas is now offering items for sale on their website. Please visit Atlas Numismatics for more information.

Contacts:

James Ricks, President:
james.ricks@atlasnumismatics.com
Eléonore Simon, Director
of Operations:
eleonore.simon@atlasnumismatics.com
Jeremy Bostwick, Numismatist:
jeremy.bostwick@atlasnumismatics.com
Theo Popov, General
Administration and Shipping:
theo.popov@atlasnumismatics.com

Comments

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭
    James, best wishes and success with your new venture.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the first purchase!
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Very impressive. Quality of pieces is amazing and images are well done - I like the clean look of the inventory page in particular. I wish you success in the new venture.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very impressive. Quality of pieces is amazing and images are well done... >>

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Best of luck, James! Stock premium quality Mexico portraits and i'll be your buyer image
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been a long time coming, James. Congratulations!

The key to selling coins on the internet is the photos, and I think you nailed it. Excellent work.
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to see a well done site offering world coins. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Many thanks everyone! Everybody at the office helped out in putting together the website and I'd like to give Eleonore, Theo and Jeremy a mention for their outstanding work. We will be doing regular inventory uploads in the near future. Feel free to shoot me an email or a message if you have any questions or comments.
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great website!
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Best wishes in this adventure. May the Coin Gods smile on you. image
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Wow, nice website, and great coins.
    Becky
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, nice website, and great coins. >>

Would be nicer if I could get my paws on that Scots Twenty Quid.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you James, hope to be buying from you soon.
  • Options
    great looking website with some gorgeous inventory

*bookmarked*

=Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    Nice website! Good thing you didn't post something like this on the US coins forum, though- the reception would likely have been a bit... different. image
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>great looking website with some gorgeous inventory *bookmarked* image >>

+1. I vaguely remember viewing the site in recent months? Did you post a preview thread? Well, good job staying on schedule. Incredibly hard to do that with web design.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I knew the name looked familiar. I just gave you your 14th feedback on ebay. A few clicks later and I realized I'd been to your website...and now look where I found you. In case anyone wants to know, my relatively modest (compared to some of the site goodies) showed up Fedex. With free shipping. And, even with excellent pictures I was still pleasantly surprised when I got the medal in hand. I love the Wyon horses!

edited to add link to auction:

Linkage

Cathy

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Ooops, I had missed that. image

But thanks to Cathy (nice purchase!) and EVP's Baltimore show report, I've sniffed something. Wonderful stuff! Best of luck James! image

This 1851 gold sovereign PCGS MS65+ would make an excellent belated giveaway for good luck. image

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Nice website. A bit fancy for my budget, but it is always nice to have something to aspire to. image
  • Options
    Thanks for the nice response! It's gratifying to hear. Please feel free to get in touch anytime with any questions or comments. Jeremy (who catalogues for Atlas) is a wealth of numismatic knowledge and I'm always learning from him; we can do our best to help with any tricky coin mysteries.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the best of everything on your adventure.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    You have a great eye for distinctive numismatic pieces. I find this one to be fascinating. I have seen a boatload of talers but this one made me pause to study the symbology. Description attributed from the listing....

GERMANY, Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg. Friedrich I (Duke, 1675-1691).
    1687-IGW AR Feinsilbertaler.
    PCGS EF45.
    Celebrating the Alchemical Experiments of Friedrich

• Options
    NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    I love the website and the images. An archives section would be nice!
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Agreed! Archive section is a must. Not only to showcase your amazing stock after they've been sold, but also as an educational piece. That alone could drive more traffic to your website (future customers) than some Google Adwords.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    AtlascoinAtlascoin Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Thank you for the compliments! We have certainly thought about the possibilities of archiving material and will give it some more consideration. It can be tricky for a few reasons, but it's certainly a possibility in the future. Many of our sales end up being transacted privately (as opposed to at public auction) and sometimes our clients request discretion about our previously owned stock. In addition, we do have some technical limits in displaying archived stock. We prefer to manually arrange our sort order for the display of our inventory (as opposed to simply putting items in strictly alphabetical order, for instance). This allows us some flexibility for grouping in a way that makes the most sense for browsing but we wouldn't be able to do it for an extensive and growing archive of material. Then there is the matter of saving lots of high resolution images on our servers, but as data storage becomes easier and easier this is certainly less of a problem.
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your website is top notch, and the images are stellar.

One small suggestion -- maybe be a bit more careful about listing certain Conder tokens with a description of "UNITED STATES". For example this one, which is quite a stretch to describe as "UNITED STATES" -- and for those of us who collect this kind of material, we would certainly not look in the US inventory for said tokens.

Cheers.
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    I just bought a piece from them last week (thanks to this thread). Customer service was very friendly and went beyond what's expected. I bought the coin late in the afternoon on Thursday and I requested that they try to get it to me by Friday, if possible. The coin arrived at noon on Friday. I am very impressed.
  • Options
    We have just added an archive section to our website. Thank you to everyone on the forum for the suggestion! The archive section is not comprehensive but I hope it's of some use and interest (due to both time constraints and privacy requests from some clients we will not be listing all sold inventory online).