Home Precious Metals

Ex pat with an overseas account?

Ex pat living overseas with an overseas account living on the local economy will find it a bit more difficult.
Like they didn't have to report the few 'cents' income anyway.
Glad I don't have to deal with that now.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/15/news/banks-americans-lockout/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?

Comments

• The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's going to back-fire, sooner or later !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    classic ex. why I wont ship outside States. Never have, or will.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lived outside the U.S. for quite a few years and always banked in the country where I worked. This will be tough on ex-pats. I always filed U.S. tax returns.
    Cheers, RickO
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    US effort (among others) to discourage ex pats from leaving the country and do discourage remaining Americans from keeping their money outside of the matix. Record number of Americans left last year. Big market catering to ex pats looking for property and citizenship abroad. There is at least one country that will flat out sell you a passport but you better have a truckload of money. I fled a state with high income tax to one with no income tax, guess that makes me an ex statie.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• element159element159 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I lived outside the U.S. for quite a few years and always banked in the country where I worked. This will be tough on ex-pats. I always filed U.S. tax returns. >>

This would really mess up working abroad image

I have thought about working outside the USA before, but never have. I'm sure it would be an interesting and educational experience, and probably good for my career. But without a bank account? Hopefully some banks will prepare for the US regulations and it will at least be possible to get an account.