Home Precious Metals

Fun with gold nuggets (For PerryHall)

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
My Canon camera DIED last week and is getting repaired, so here is a quick cell phone shot, showing what I was describing when I was talking about writing things with gold nuggets. This is about 12 grams.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    You pan them yourself?
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You pan them yourself? >>

I wish! The only successful panning I've ever done was in Ohio, but that was fine glacier gold. We're talking small amounts, too. Naw, this was all gold I bought on eBay, a gram a month, from SalemFrank until he appears to have run afoul of the IRS last week and pulled all of his auctions.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's neat. How do you store your nuggets?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's neat. How do you store your nuggets? >>

You store them in your nugget sack.
    I have a little glass half Oz vial for most of them. Not pictured is a three gram nugget I was given as a gift by my brother, who taught me panning.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I store mine in an airtite..... but they are larger nuggets. Cheers, RickO
  • whats a good price per gram if buying
    Tnx
    Kip
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • My dad had a small nugget, I remember it was so cool handling it when I was a little kid.
    It then disappeared and nobody in my family can remember where it was put!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

<< <i>whats a good price per gram if buying
    Tnx
    Kip >>

I was paying between $45 and $60 a gram, depending on how costly gold was at the time. Monarch Precious Metals is a good source, and they're selling a gram for $53.

1 Gram from Monarch
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Let me know when you find one of these:

Little old nugget

Has anyone even seen it? I haven't but a co-worker was down there and said it was very impressive!
    44 pounds! Holy cow.. nice to see someone besides drunken Aussies finding these. image
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    On Christmas day to boot!!! Merry Christmas!!!
  • Made in 1997.

Wow that horse is amazing! Sorry, I just now saw this..