Provident - Silver Round Buffalo at $0.69 over Spot

Any quantity until 9/20.
...and only $4.95 shipping flat.

Too bad I don't like generic rounds...

LINKY
The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent price. That design is very popular and always carries a premium over melt. I'm all "silvert out." Waiting, waiting & waiting some more for the market to rebound another 20% - 30% I hope I live long enough to see that dayimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In about 20 years they will look this nice:

<< <i>Excellent price. That design is very popular and always carries a premium over melt. I'm all "silvert out." Waiting, waiting & waiting some more for the market to rebound another 20% - 30% I hope I live long enough to see that dayimage >>

As long as you are under 85, no problem.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• Good deal,

Thanks for the heads up! Did they send out an e-mail one this? I thought I was on the list.

• << <i>Good deal,

Thanks for the heads up! Did they send out an e-mail one this? I thought I was on the list. >>

They did a poll on Facebook. People had to choose between the Buffalo, JM bar, Prospector and another item (I don't recall which one).
    Of course the premium was different between the 4.
    I voted for the Prospector at $2.60 over spot.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Good deal,

Thanks for the heads up! Did they send out an e-mail one this? I thought I was on the list. >>

They did a poll on Facebook. People had to choose between the Buffalo, JM bar, Prospector and another item (I don't recall which one).
    Of course the premium was different between the 4.
    I voted for the Prospector at $2.60 over spot. >>

I would have voted for the J-M or Engelhard Prospector round. While this Indian/Buffalo round is nice looking, there is nothing in the design identifying the source or manufacturer which is a deal breaker for me. I just bought a few of the very attractive new Provident Metals 10 oz bars which shows that OPM made it in the reverse design.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• << <i>In about 20 years they will look this nice:

<< <i>Excellent price. That design is very popular and always carries a premium over melt. I'm all "silvert out." Waiting, waiting & waiting some more for the market to rebound another 20% - 30% I hope I live long enough to see that dayimage >>

As long as you are under 85, no problem. >>

CRAP...Im 73 ..I havent a chanceimage
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>In about 20 years they will look this nice:

As long as you are under 85, no problem. >>

CRAP...Im 73 ..I havent a chanceimage >>

It's just bullion that needs a good wash, and it'll be good as new. No need to wait for unsightly tarnish to rear it's ugly face. BTW the word toning does not apply to bullion.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."