Quarters-------18

Total Face Value---$8.34

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quiet month for you PPC....still nice though... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a quiet year for me so far. I have a little more competition and I think the economy is catching up with the loose change.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's been a quiet year for me so far. I have a little more competition and I think the economy is catching up with the loose change. >>

Seems like there are a few detecting shows out there now... probably causing more people to buy detectors. Hopefully it doesn't end up ruining the hobby if newbies start digging up places like they do in the shows.

slow month for this guy too

Cents-----------53
    Nickels---------9
    Dimes----------18
    Quarters-------8

Total Face Value---$4.78

Notables
    9 Wheats
    1860 Fatty IHC
    1903 V Nickel
    Dateless Barber dime
    24 older buttons
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's been a quiet year for me so far. I have a little more competition and I think the economy is catching up with the loose change. >>

Seems like there are a few detecting shows out there now... probably causing more people to buy detectors. Hopefully it doesn't end up ruining the hobby if newbies start digging up places like they do in the shows.

slow month for this guy too

Cents-----------53
    Nickels---------9
    Dimes----------18
    Quarters-------8

Total Face Value---$4.78

Notables
    9 Wheats
    1860 Fatty IHC
    1903 V Nickel
    Dateless Barber dime
    24 older buttons >>

Your slow months and quiet years would make me very happy image
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Cents----------218
    Nickels---------40
    Dimes----------92
    Quarters------64
    Half--------------1

Total Face Value---$29.88

9 Wheaties, 1 dateless Buffalo Nickel. My first half dollar since May 2009 image
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great totals Dock and you're still the nickel champ.
  • Options
    That is definitely a solid haul of change dock!
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Here are my YTD totals image. I'm a relative newbie, just started in July, and have probably about a dozen hours hunting so far.

Cents-----------27 (all Lincoln Memorials)
    Nickels---------0
    Dimes----------6 (all clad)
    Quarters-------3 (all clad)

Total Face Value---$1.62

Nothing else of note found. I was able to get out for about an hour yesterday to a local park about a mile from my house. It struck me that this is the first time I've loaded the detector in my car to go hunting. All my other hunting has been at sites within walking distance, which have been tot lots and along walking paths. Had my first encounter with a pull tab that my machine thought wasn't. Had discrimination set to tune out pull tabs, but this rang strong, almost like a coin signal. Turned out to be a larger-than-normal sized pull tab, I guess from one of those tall-boy sized ice tea cans.

And on a final note, I see the powers that be at PCGS have the "preview" function working again! image
  • Options
    Hi whitetornado! At least you're getting out there and starting to find some things. You may want to take off the pull tab discrimination because good stuff like gold may be hiding in that range. Of course you will dig hundreds and even thousands of pull tabs, but there should be good stuff in there too. My suggestion is to find a bunch of metal objects around the house from coins to jewelry and even silverware and run them under the coil to see how they signal with your different discrimination modes.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi whitetornado! At least you're getting out there and starting to find some things. You may want to take off the pull tab discrimination because good stuff like gold may be hiding in that range. Of course you will dig hundreds and even thousands of pull tabs, but there should be good stuff in there too. My suggestion is to find a bunch of metal objects around the house from coins to jewelry and even silverware and run them under the coil to see how they signal with your different discrimination modes. >>

I'm realizing I should have the discrimination set no higher than iron in most instances. Probably why my nickel count is zero! image This place where I found the jumbo pull tab was near BBQ grills and picnic tables, and there were all sorts of bottle caps and pull tabs around, even on the surface.

I probably could benefit by planting a test garden in my yard.

As always, thanks for the tips and encouragement!