Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Oh man! Just LQQK at this stuff!

Eye protection may be required.

Probly been pointed out before but just, wow.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.

Comments

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified or not, I'm very wary of toned coins displaying mostly shades of amber, hot pink, and electric blue. These are by far the easiest colors to AT a coin quickly.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    I could have really enjoyed those back in my psychedelic days.
  • Options
    JcarneyJcarney Posts: 3,154

<< <i>I could have really enjoyed those back in my psychedelic days. >>

I'm gonna fire up some Yes, Doors and Jimi and look at them again.
    “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *(AT) = artificial toned, this coin has been exposed to an electrical field, no heat or chemicals are used.

He tells it as it is at the bottom.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    This seller has been discussed before. He has 'toned down' his AT'ing, as they USED to be neon that would almost seemingly glow in the dark. I have an image of his earlier AT'ing somewhere, must be 2 years or so, old. Anything that this seller has that is toned is AT'ed, which is why none are holdered. I wish I could dig up his past feedback. As it is, the negs allude to his juicing the images. I gotta find the one I save from a few years ago (on my old machine), it was a Bust half, I THINK, but the damn thing looked like it was just so colorful, the newest newb could tell.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>*(AT) = artificial toned, this coin has been exposed to an electrical field, no heat or chemicals are used.

He tells it as it is at the bottom. >>

Lindedad is correct. After he talks about not paying internet taxes, he DOES state this early on (well, 11 lines down in his description, which simply distracts one, with all the talk about internet taxes):

(AT)*, Cartwheel Luster, XF+/AU.

It's waaaaaaay down at the bottom that he actually discloses what (AT)* is, and what method he uses, as Lindedad shows:

*(AT) = artificial toning, this coin has been exposed to an electrical field, no heat or chemicals are used.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He must have a good recipe to get consistent results like that. Nice way to sell common AU Morgans for $46.

Note he calls his store "Romans 10:9" coins. I hope he donates his ill-gotten gains to his church!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me get a drink. brb
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least provides a good review of artificial tarnish for newer collectors....so many ways to achieve this.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He must have a good recipe to get consistent results like that. Nice way to sell common AU Morgans for $46.

Note he calls his store "Romans 10:9" coins. I hope he donates his ill-gotten gains to his church! >>

it could be Roman Candles 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1- ZERO, Blast Off, too. I don't think Jesus would be pleased with any theft, deceit, lies or foolery. He said he came to fulfill the scriptures and to establish the truth. Simple enough. The Church is another story. And even if it's dipped, it's not that high a price to pay for vibrant colors for those people who are believers in such.

I personally, as a believer , don't care for the color and would be OKAY with the DIP crowd for some of this "crap" under a hundy
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very interesting to me to look through older Morgan books. I have one with a few color plates that show some end-roll, textile, crescent and other such toning. The coins are nice, but pretty subdued by today's standards, even considering that only some of it is making its way into slabs. Perhaps the plates have faded or weren't reproduced all that well??????

I remain pretty skeptical about most rainbow Morgans on the market.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    image I should have had on my sunglasses....
    Becky
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Electrical Field?
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    JcarneyJcarney Posts: 3,154

<< <i>image I should have had on my sunglasses.... >>

Well, I warned you...

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean... this isn't naturally occuring? image
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image I should have had on my sunglasses.... >>

Well, I warned you... >>

Becky
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is getting more creative every day! R@RE DOUBLE R@INB0W*!*!*! image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maaaaan, That's cowboyup!! He's been destroying coins for at least 6 years now!! He's a legend..... For all the wrong reasons!!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been doing this for years, just like CHD pointed out. At least he admits it and is slowly depleting the supply of common date Morgans.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a law against doing this to coins!

This attitude of being able to do anything you want to a coin because you own it and you have the right...IS JUST WRONG!!!image
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Been doing this for years, just like CHD pointed out. At least he admits it and is slowly depleting the supply of common date Morgans. >>

Yes he's honest about destroying all the Morgans he can get his hands on. Really nice , eh?? Yes and I agree there should be a law against what he's doing.
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file