Home Precious Metals
Options

Looking for the best online dealer to sell gold eagles to

I have some gold eagles I am looking to sell, but I am looking for a reputable online dealer to sell to. THe best bid price I've seen so far is JM bullion, but there have been some sketchy reviews about them and many other online dealers that get brought up everyday.

Does anyone have any experience here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many do you have for sale?
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    What type of coin/bullion are you selling? How many? Are you looking for bullion or numismatic value?

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    try apmex.com and dbscoins.com. You could also sell here on the BST, but your low number of posts is probably going to require you to ship before payment, something you will have to also do with any online dealer.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

<< <i>How many do you have for sale? >>

I have a few slabbed PCGS 1 ounce eagles for sale.

<< <i>What type of coin/bullion are you selling? How many? Are you looking for bullion or numismatic value? >>

see above. I am looking for bullion value, but I am trying to get the most possible. It looks like a few dealers are offering up to 1.5-2 percent above spot for 1 ounce eagles. I called around to a few of them, but none of them are offering more than what they would offer for a loose eagle. Apparently, PCGS slabbed coins won't trade at a premium....
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    What $$ you want for them shipped? How many you got?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like anything else, it depends on which Eagles they are, and it also depends on whether someone is looking for the particular ones that you have. What do you have?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    It don't matter he wants bullion value he said.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>What $$ you want for them shipped? How many you got? >>

I'm looking for whoever can offer the best price, and it looks like I could probably get about $1460 apiece for them right now.

<< <i>Like anything else, it depends on which Eagles they are, and it also depends on whether someone is looking for the particular ones that you have. What do you have? >>

2006 MS69 slabbed. non west point
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    List them on the BST with your asking price..... Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>List them on the BST with your asking price..... Cheers, RickO >>

will do. What is the typical premium that slabbed eagles go for over a loose bullion eagle, specifically on gray market websites or forums?

More specifically, what is the typical premium for a 1 ounce eagle over spot when selling on websites like this?
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Check out the *** The Official August 2013 Precious Metals Buy Sell Trade Thread ***. There are some for sale there.
    Becky
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    If you want to wait for your money - spend money to ship and insure, and possible risk them being lost in the mail (if you don't use the right service level) go ahead and squeeze the last 1-2% out of a less than $5000 sale.

Also, did I mention your CHECK payment. Hope that check clears and please be sure to enter that sale on your taxes next year.

And by the way - most will pay 95-97% not 101-102%.

No thanks, take 97% and be done with it.

• Options
    turn on you private message function with the "profile" button and maybe you'll get an offer.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>turn on you private message function with the "profile" button and maybe you'll get an offer. >>

Is it safe or prudent to buy AGE's from someone with only a single digit post count?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>turn on you private message function with the "profile" button and maybe you'll get an offer. >>

Is it safe or prudent to buy AGE's from someone with only a single digit post count?image >>

"ship first" protection

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Is it safe or prudent to buy AGE's from someone with only a single digit post count?image >>

"ship first" protection >>

That was my first thought but most people selling bullion are reluctant to ship without first being paid---sort of like a Mexican stand off. An escrow service would work but I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble or expense for something that can be just as easily send to one of the major precious metals dealers.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

enabled

<< <i>

Understood, but this isn't my first rodeo with internet transactions. For those of you who are aware of 6speedonline or Timezone, I've bought and sold about $200,000 worth of wrist watches on those sites since 2009. Wire, paypal you name it.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2006 MS69 slabbed. non west point

Better than raw, does not command a premium however.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.