Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I say fake 1893-S, how about you?

morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
All about the 1 of the date, it don't jive.

link
World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Comments

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the link

1 known obv die for the 1893-s $1 - case closed image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Holiday weekend, guess I'll be workin OT.
  • Options
    okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Having been to China and purchased a random handful of bogus coins on the streets, that Morgan just looks fake in general.
    BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!
  • Options

<< <i>Holiday weekend, guess I'll be workin OT. >>

its a dirty and usually thank-less job but someone has to make this a better place to live.

KEEP up the good work imageimage

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    I spend to much of my hard earned money to let this BS go on. Not on my watch!
  • Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I spend to much of my hard earned money to let this BS go on. Not on my watch! >>

Hopefully the tat you got wasn't a fake! image

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reported. It will be gone tomorrow.
    Lance.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, here you guys go again when I'm the high bidder!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    And I'm the high bidder, so far, on this baby: 1889cc

Ebay
  • Options
    <<And I'm the high bidder, so far, on this baby: 1889cc>>

I was just checkin this one out, I don't like it.

EDIT: Tooled date no debate!
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake... and reported.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    DennisH, take a look at the link AUandAG provided.
  • Options
    mrkbrown87mrkbrown87 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭
    The 93s and 89cc has been reported by me and others who I wnt name and poof!!!
    Mark Brown

Hoard the keys
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is amazing how often these crooks are afraid to take a decent photograph of the crap they are trying to sell. The photo is either taken at an odd angle or it is out of focus.

Beginning collectors should note that and generally stay away when the photography is bad. Alarm bells should really go off when you see a key date, expensive item like this. If something is supposed to be $2 grand or more, the least you can do is post a decent photo of it, unless you have something to hide.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Roger that Bill Jones. The blurry Ebay tilt image is necessary to forward the scam. I'll be combing key dates and early dollars all weekend. A fraudster never rests, neither do I.

EDIT: The 93S is still up, seller never got back to me.
  • Options
    over all look is fake
    Successful business with: savoyspecial,Cazkaboom,stone,Brol,robkool,nibanny,AUandAG,mdkuom,REALGATOR,jimineez1,theump, indeetlib,mariner67,PlatinumDuck,nags,tlake22,guitarwes

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    I contacted the seller on the 89cc and he ended the auction and will have a dealer examine.

bobimage
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>DennisH, take a look at the link AUandAG provided. >>

I reported that one too.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a real bogus one for sure.
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And I'm the high bidder, so far, on this baby: 1889cc

Ebay >>

Bob (and anyone else who thinks this coin is real), take a quick look at the dentilation. What Morgan dollar on this planet has a beaded border?

If you want to spend a lot of money on eBay, you should only buy PCGS/NGC certified coins, and even then you may want to post the auction here before you make the payment.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>And I'm the high bidder, so far, on this baby: 1889cc

Ebay >>

Bob (and anyone else who thinks this coin is real), take a quick look at the dentilation. What Morgan dollar on this planet has a beaded border?

If you want to spend a lot of money on eBay, you should only buy PCGS/NGC certified coins, and even then you may want to post the auction here before you make the payment. >>

Are you kidding with me????? LOL, I only bid to keep others from losing their money. Never with any intention of adding to my
    collection of CC dollars or such. I've been bidding on these fakes for years and used to have a blast with some of our former forum
    members in bidding them beyond the moon (Mark Feld comes to mind for one, Lance for another). I'm not a newby and have been
    a collector going on 60 years now.

bobimage
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

Are you kidding with me????? LOL, I only bid to keep others from losing their money.

image And by the way, I am upset with you because I am usually the underbidder on these and you ALWAYS win! I am going to start sniping these auctions.
  • Options

<< <i> I've been bidding on these fakes for years and used to have a blast with some of our former forum
    members in bidding them beyond the moon (Lance for another)
    bobimage >>

only cuz i'm a moron ! image

they say the first step is admitting to it image

• Options
    Okay, 'nuf already!

Moron
    bobimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file